Nexstar to acquire Tribune

CircleSeven

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

Interesting... Is Nexstar planning to bring back a KWGN-specific website?

That would be up to GM Joan Barrett. She was the one who consolidated everything under one website. It's unlikely that KWGN will receive it's own website unless Joan leaves (which we can only hope) and a new GM decides to move the stations in a different direction, or KDVR and KWGN are decoupled which could be more beneficial for the growing Denver market.

A few things about this change to point out: KWGN.com doesn't redirect to the new KDVR.com. Before the Nexstar hosted website, there was a DNS record to redirect KWGN traffic to KDVR.com. Now, KWGN.com redirects to the former Word Press subdomain (Alias KDVR.com): localtvkdvr.wordpress.com

If you want to see the former KWGN website, the 'people' in the Denver Duop IT department didn't restrict the KWGN website when they created the DNS CName record redirecting the URL to KDVR.com. KWGN is still live,  though in a hibernated state here: localtvkwgn.wordpress.com

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

That would be up to GM Joan Barrett. She was the one who consolidated everything under one website. It's unlikely that KWGN will receive it's own website unless Joan leaves (which we can only hope) and a new GM decides to move the stations in a different direction, or KDVR and KWGN are decoupled which could be more beneficial for the growing Denver market.

A few things about this change to point out: KWGN.com doesn't redirect to the new KDVR.com. Before the Nexstar hosted website, there was a DNS record to redirect KWGN traffic to KDVR.com. Now, KWGN.com redirects to the former Word Press subdomain (Alias KDVR.com): localtvkdvr.wordpress.com

If you want to see the former KWGN website, the 'people' in the Denver Duop IT department didn't restrict the KWGN website when they created the DNS CName record redirecting the URL to KDVR.com. KWGN is still live,  though in a hibernated state here: localtvkwgn.wordpress.com

Truly fascinating to see that KWGN site...frozen in time.

11 minutes ago, TheRyan said:

Truly fascinating to see that KWGN site...frozen in time.

I’ll say...from fall 2016 https://localtvkwgn.wordpress.com/2016/10/02/broncos-thump-buccaneers-27-7-after-long-weather-delay-improve-to-4-0/

If you keep clicking on “Load More Stories” I’m sure you’ll come across the article about the Broncos opening day win over the Panthers ...no thanks...and I’ll especially pass on the article about Super Bowl 50 

On 12/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, CircleSeven said:

The parties just filed the paperwork last month (11/20). So it's probably going to take some time until they get the greenlight from both the DOJ & FCC.

Check this out y'all. How the hell did I missed this?

FCC greenlighted the deals on January 21.

Still, no telling when they'll close it out though. But it shouldn't be too long.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Still, no telling when they'll close it out though. But it shouldn't be too long.

So what you're saying is that WJZY/WMYT are now owned by Nexstar while KCPQ/KZJO and WITI are now owned by FOX TS? I know it probably hasn't closed yet, but still...

20 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

So what you're saying is that WJZY/WMYT are now owned by Nexstar while KCPQ/KZJO and WITI are now owned by FOX TS? I know it probably hasn't closed yet, but still...

Nope. As of now, the Charlotte duo are still Fox O&Os, while the Milwaukee & Seattle properties are still owned by Nexstar.

And it'll stay that way until the deal is officlally closed.

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Nope. As of now, the Charlotte duo are still Fox O&Os, while the Milwaukee & Seattle properties are still owned by Nexstar.

Does the FCC have to approve the deal with WJZY/WMYT seperately?  

12 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Which ironically happens to be the EXACT SAME DAY WJZY got the new Fox O&O graphics. I remember because it was the day after MLK.

5 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Which ironically happens to be the EXACT SAME DAY WJZY got the new Fox O&O graphics. I remember because it was the day after MLK.

I'm surprised that Fox took the time to update WJZY's graphics with the sale pending. Nexstar hasn't updated either KCPQ or WITI's websites.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 1:50 AM, CircleSeven said:

Well this is interesting...now when you click on these links that said the station trade was green lighted...you get this for all stations

1D46EBD8-5922-449E-BC65-557DD6C22BB3.png

42 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Well this is interesting...now when you click on these links that said the station trade was green lighted...you get this for all stations

I suspect that just means that the content that was linked to was only temporary content, not static content.

Edit: for example, here's the "Assignment of License" for WITI from WITI License, LLC to Fox Television Stations, LLC:

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_det.pl?Application_id=1814466

(I think that link won't expire, but I can't be 100%)

It shows that it was granted on 1/21, but not yet consummated. 

1 hour ago, LoadStar said:

I suspect that just means that the content that was linked to was only temporary content, not static content.

Edit: for example, here's the "Assignment of License" for WITI from WITI License, LLC to Fox Television Stations, LLC:

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_det.pl?Application_id=1814466

(I think that link won't expire, but I can't be 100%)

It shows that it was granted on 1/21, but not yet consummated. 

It’s back now

If I had to guess there was likely something wrong with the FCC website displaying the information there's probably nothing to that.

But I do wonder what's the hold-up here between Nexstar and Fox from closing the deal? Is there something that's preventing the two companies from completing the deal or what?

6 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

1D46EBD8-5922-449E-BC65-557DD6C22BB3.png

The links do work. It'll sometime say "Not Found" when you first click it. You just have to refresh the browser a couple of times.

18 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

If I had to guess there was likely something wrong with the FCC website displaying the information there's probably nothing to that.

But I do wonder what's the hold-up here between Nexstar and Fox from closing the deal? Is there something that's preventing the two companies from completing the deal or what?

Nexstar would have consummated the swap within 30 days of the actions similar to how Sinclair takes over instantaneously via a LMA.  It's all on Fox (who is having 2nd thoughts about the Charlotte divestiture) is holding it up.  I'm just going to sit and watch because something is really up here.

33 minutes ago, jero23 said:

Nexstar would have consummated the swap within 30 days of the actions similar to how Sinclair takes over instantaneously via a LMA.  It's all on Fox (who is having 2nd thoughts about the Charlotte divestiture) is holding it up.  I'm just going to sit and watch because something is really up here.

Do you have inside information about this?

35 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Do you have inside information about this?

Check the Speculatron thread on Nexstar-Tribune merger as I further elaborate there on what exactly I have heard being said about Fox involving the Charlotte stations along with others. 

On 2/16/2020 at 4:48 AM, CircleSeven said:

The deal closed today so after years of going after KCPQ, Fox now officially owns the station.

WITI wasted no time de-Nexstarizing; the copyright at the end was the traditional copyright L3 followed by weather deck sponsorship on the bottom line, no video. Directly 'Fox Television Stations Inc.' rather than the 'NW Communications Milwaukee' of the past.

56 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Brien Blakley just announced the sale at the end of the WJZY 6:00 news.

That Fox 46 logo does not go with the Nexstar logo at all...

F64328AB-99AC-40B4-AA3F-C38E03C1F77E.jpeg

It's not supposed to! You're not supposed to have any supers up during a slate or open. Flippin amateurs.

1 minute ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

It's not supposed to! You're not supposed to have any supers up during a slate or open. Flippin amateurs.

Apparently, somebody in the control room at WJZY forgot to remove the bug before the Nexstar close....

• Weeters locked and unpinned this topic

Archived