Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
JayPhil

WSAZ getting a new set

WSAZ’s evening anchors have been sharing videos on Facebook of construction in both Huntington and Charleston studios. Amanda Barren, one of the anchors, just posted a video of the temporary set in Charleston.

Edited by JayPhil
  • Like 1

After 12 years a new set finally. Looks like the hallways and other area's are getting update.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayPhil said:

WSAZ’s evening anchors have been sharing videos on Facebook of construction in both Huntington and Charleston studios. Amanda Barren, one of the anchors, just posted a video of the temporary set in Charleston.

Is that in a bomb shelter?? Lol

— Matt

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, news89 said:

After 12 years a new set finally. Looks like the hallways and other area's are getting update.

Yep! It seems they are updating everything besides the newsroom. 

• Like 2

It looks like the whole station is being updated rather than just the news set. BTW, don’t forget they have two studios, the main building in Huntington and the smaller building/studio in Charleston. So that means 2 news sets. 

3 hours ago, padrechuck said:

It looks like the whole station is being updated rather than just the news set. BTW, don’t forget they have two studios, the main building in Huntington and the smaller building/studio in Charleston. So that means 2 news sets. 

One for WSAZ and the other for (what used to be but now only on Suddenlink) W16CE

On 11/28/2018 at 10:13 PM, news89 said:

How old is their building? Last time I had been at WKYT they still had a lot of the wood paneling on all the walls. Maybe Gray is updating some of their buildings. 

7 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

How old is their building? Last time I had been at WKYT they still had a lot of the wood paneling on all the walls. Maybe Gray is updating some of their buildings. 

WSAZ has been at the corner of 5th Avenue and 7th street since December 1971 in downtown Huntington. 

On 11/30/2018 at 11:18 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

One for WSAZ and the other for (what used to be but now only on Suddenlink) W16CE

The WSAZ Charleston separate feed no longer exists.  I asked Amanda Barren about it on Twitter back earlier this year. I noticed in April the WSAZ Charleston bug no longer appears on air when I was that area. Amanda is still based in Charleston while Tim is still in Huntington.

Edited by news89
Wording.
  • Like 2

Set demo starts tomorrow morning after the morning newscasts.

• Like 1