Welcome to the new, improved TVNewsTalk!

On 11/30/2018 at 12:54 AM, TheRolyPoly said:

What is the size of the circle in our default pics? I would like to adjust mines accordingly.

In discussion threads, the avatars (pics) are resized to 90px (pixels) wide on desktop browsers and smaller at more mobile-friendly widths, while the circle itself is added via CSS (specifically, the border-radius property). There doesn't seem to be a limit on the width and height, but there is a maximum file size of 1 MB. I'd say keep it under 200x200 and pretend there's a circle over it that touches all four sides.

Most of the site looks good, but is there any reason why the embedded YouTube videos are now so huge? Besides looking clunky, they make video-heavy threads awkward to scroll through.

They shouldn't be bigger than the default video size on YouTube.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to link our Discord servers with our TVNT accounts without having to leave the Discord server? I had to leave the server twice just so I could get mine linked? Because some of us in here have been a member of the Discord server prior to the update. Thanks

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 10:33 PM, oknewsguy said:

Is there a way to link our Discord servers with our TVNT accounts without having to leave the Discord server? I had to leave the server twice just so I could get mine linked? Because some of us in here have been a member of the Discord server prior to the update. Thanks

You should just be able to link them. I linked mine and didn’t have to leave the Discord. Could you show me a screenshot of what’s going on?

10 minutes ago, Weeters said:

You should just be able to link them. I linked mine and didn’t have to leave the Discord. Could you show me a screenshot of what’s going on?

I'll private message you the screenshot of the issue

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed something odd from time to time with the installation of Invision that this site uses. The "unread content" doesn't always show all unread content. For example, on the front page of the site, within the "posts" box, I see right now that the thread "Nexstar-Tribune: Repercussions, rumors" contains a new post as of 30 minutes ago. However, that thread does not show up at all when I click on "unread content," and I know I haven't read that thread within the last 30 minutes. (To be honest, I don't know if I've ever read that thread.)

I've noticed this a few times now, where I've looked over and noticed a thread I didn't even know existed (since I primarily browse the "unread content" rather than diving into each section of the site) has new posts that I clearly haven't read.

Edit: best as I can tell, it appears that nothing under the Breakroom section seems to be showing up under the Unread Content. Not sure if any other sections of the site are similarly affected.

Edited by LoadStar

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Mastaclocksetta said:

I just noticed that the sticky thread titled “I HATE LISTS” is gone. What does this mean?

Nothing. Lists are still banned per the site's Guidelines:

No Lists or Databases:
Threads that simply exist to list items ("Your Favorite Stations", "Favorite Anchors", "What Does Your Stations Legal ID Say", etc.) or exist to function as a database of information (i.e. "Stations Using Hello News", "Stations that use Accuweather", "When does the morning news start", etc.) are not allowed and will be deleted or locked on sight. This rule is retroactive and will be applied to any bumped threads.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.