Welcome to the new, improved TVNewsTalk!

It's been a rough road getting here, but we're excited to reveal the new site. Let's get to it!

Outside of visual changes, there aren't a whole lot of functional changes. Notable changes include:

• Mobile support is improved, especially when composing a message.
  • Emoticons are 🚫OUT and the full suite of emojis are 👍IN.
  • BBCode has been removed completely in favor of a more robust WYSIWYG editor.
  • The logo has been refreshed.
  • Coming soon: We will be restoring the ability to register and sign in with popular web services like Google, Twitter, and Facebook.

And there is much more to come in the days and weeks ahead! Stay tuned for more updates.

Regrettably, the old Shoutbox was not able to be carried over to the new site. We are looking into our options when it comes to real-time discussion, including integration with services like Discord, which many of you already use. This will also be addressed within the coming days.

Please reach out if you encounter any issues, either by PM or by emailing support@tvnewstalk.net.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• 24994J unfeatured this topic
  • Weeters featured this topic

Hm. Looks like I'm going to have to update my avatar. 😉 But I like the new, expanded set of emoji!

As a front-end web developer, I'm instinctively distrustful of WYSIWYGs, so I'll need a little time to get used to not having BBCode.

That said, the site looks good!

9 minutes ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

@Weeters Could I get a link to the Discord please?  I tried to DM you but it said I'm limited to "0 messages a day"

So far I'm happy with what y'all have done here, looking forward to what's next!!! 🤙

The Discord server link is here.

I'll see what's going on with the PM thing.

41 minutes ago, susquvalleywgal said:

Are we going to be able to embed tweets, videos, etc like before?  

— Matt 

Embeds for supported platforms should work automatically. You might want to automatically type a space after the URL. Example embedded tweet:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

@Weeters Could I get a link to the Discord please?  I tried to DM you but it said I'm limited to "0 messages a day"

So far I'm happy with what y'all have done here, looking forward to what's next!!! 🤙

The PM issue should be fixed!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ns8401 said:

Where is the unread posts button on this thing?

4 hours ago, skbl17 said:

Click "Unread Content" at the top right of the page.

Or on mobile, click on the little newspaper icon at the top of each page, on the blue header. Once on that page, each thread's most recent post can simply be accessed by clicking on the green dot/star that bullet points each thread name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 24994J said:

Or on mobile, click on the little newspaper icon at the top of each page, on the blue header. Once on that page, each thread's most recent post can simply be accessed by clicking on the green dot/star that bullet points each thread name.

On mobile, the "Unread Content" link is in the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) under "activity".

1 hour ago, MetroCity said:

Is there any way to get rid of the floating Facebook and Twitter link buttons on the right side (iPad)? They’re very annoying, and all they do is open the same page in a new tab.

Thank you.

Meant to remove those and completely forgot. They have been removed!

Is there a way to remove the boxes on the right hand side of the main page (i.e: Forum Statistics, Who's online, posts?) ? Also, is there an option for a dark theme like in the previous iteration?

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.