Sharon Tay Moving to KCAL

SFTV

Sharon Tay just posted on her Instagram Story that she’s leaving CBS 2 This Morning and going to nights on KCAL starting Monday.

Is she Leyna’s replacement? I know she’s done a small stunt during prime time when she came on board to CBS from MSNBC.

Interesting move since she always has been doing Mornings as far back to KTLA.

Interesting move. Especially since she and Jeff Michael provided stability and credibility to CBS2s morning show. Sharon isnt a stranger to the night shift. She anchored the 8pm and 10pm news on KCAL with Rick Garcia as previously mentioned. Also, prior to her anchoring Early Edition on KTLA, she was the weekend co-anchor on News at Ten with Larry McCormick.

Sharon Tay should be anchoring the 8 & 10pm newscast. Why is Jeff Michael doing the 5 & 11pm newscast? KABC & KTTV both did not promote him to be their main co-anchor and that was one of the main reasons why he left both stations, but now, KCBS has promoted him to be their main co-anchor at 5 & 11PM? I wished the station went outside and hired someone new. KCBS will probably go back to being in third place in ratings again behind KNBC and KABC in both the afternoons and at 11pm. There have been so many changes at the station.

He was at KABC as weekend anchor prior to his long stint at KTTV. I believe he left around 1998/1999. If you YouTube some of the KABC Paul Moyer/Ann Martin videos, you will see him as a young reporter on the 11pm news. It probably was a good move for Jeff to take the 5pm/11pm role. He definitely knows the market, but was too stiff for mornings. Sucks for Jeff Vaughn, but he is better suited for KCAL. Sharon should be on at 8pm and 10pm. Her 4pm/9pm shift probably allows her to be out the door around 10:30pm.

He was at KABC as weekend anchor prior to his long stint at KTTV. I believe he left around 1998/1999. If you YouTube some of the KABC Paul Moyer/Ann Martin videos, you will see him as a young reporter on the 11pm news. It probably was a good move for Jeff to take the 5pm/11pm role. He definitely knows the market, but was too stiff for mornings. Sucks for Jeff Vaughn, but he is better suited for KCAL. Sharon should be on at 8pm and 10pm. Her 4pm/9pm shift probably allows her to be out the door around 10:30pm.
Jeff Michael will NEVER fit as full time anchor material in Los Angeles. For as long as he's been in L.A., he's just so forgettable.

Garth Kemp appears to be permanent on the CBS2 evening shows, but I don't know that anyone is chief, by title.

People in L.A and Socal could care less who the "Chief" met is at any given station.

The weather in Socal is produced and controlled by the special effects department.

Save the "Chief Meteorologist" titles for places where they have real weather...and real WX people....

Like Iowa... or one those Midwest towns that have those little trailers that people live in.

I agree. The Jeff Michael experiment as the main anchor at the station will not work. He will probably be demoted or let go within a couple of years.

I am surprised that they did not try to hire Paul Moyer to bring in some temporary ratings improvements. He has a following with many viewers and that would help in ratings.

Moyer supposedly retired from KNBC, but I heard that he was forced out because the station did not want to continue to pay him the multi million dollar contract that he was getting anymore. They previously hired popular anchors from KABC such as Harold Greene, Ann Martin, Laura Diaz, Johnny Mountain, and a bunch of reporters.

Paul Moyer is 77 years old, hasn't been on the air in nearly a decade, and has an ego so legendary that would surely be a culture shock for this new generation of newsroom employees. His type would be a bad fit for the industry, in its current form. He'd also carry a hefty price tag, and be as far from a long-term solution as they come.

IT'S. NOT. HAPPENING.

Jeff Michael is just fine. What KCBS needs is stability, and unless he suddenly retires like Magers, or gets pulled like Garcia, he's likely their best option. CBS has talent issues across most of their stations, so if Jeff can keep things steady, there's no reason to rock the boat.

Seeing the many viral videos or on YouTube....Henry, Megan and Chris have great chemistry. I feel like they keep it going.

Even though I stopped watching years ago when they got rid of KTLA on my Time Warner line up (ch 14) which was in 2009 and before online streaming.

I haven’t fully watched KTLA ever since.

Archived