Megyn Kelly Today Officially Cancelled

rkolsen

If any failed morning show experiment deserves to be given a second shot, it's a morning comedy talk show.

Wow, my post quoted by the big man himself! That proves I've really made my mark on this group!

But anyway, you want a comedy talk show in the morning to replace MKT? Why not move Jimmy Fallon to mornings and give the Tonight Show to Seth Meyers? Most of what he does seems best suited for daytime TV anyway!

And local programs mean local ad dollars!

It may be less than prime or the morning shows, but money is money and spots have to go somewhere!

And if daytime game shows are dead, then why did CBS bring back Let's Make A Deal?

Lord help us if TPIR ever goes away....it's not the same as the Bob Barker era, but it's far from over....

She is still under contract to NBC.

I promise this will get even more strange , because NBC has a ton of money riding on this and " Moral Redemption's" are happening quicker now with the accelerated daily feeding of the news beast.

Look at Louis C.K....

Oh wait....don't look...bad example.

[quote name='Weeters']If any failed morning show experiment deserves to be given a second shot, it's a [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_David_Letterman_Show']morning comedy talk show.[/URL][/QUOTE] Holy Hobo Kelly @Weeters... With the right 10 comedy writers, and a completely insane and suicidal producer. NBC would have nothing to lose by manufacturing an even bigger train wreck.... A "SuperTrainWreck"...hurry dig-up Fred Silverman.

• 2 months later...

It's the  Friday Night News Dump...

Megyn Kelly has left the building...

My bet is she is co-hosting on The View soon.

Megyn Kelly is officially done with NBC after months of negotiating, the network announced on Friday night.“The parties have resolved their differences, and Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC,” said an NBC News statement. Terms were not immediately disclosed.Kelly was roughly halfway through a three-year deal for a whopping total of $69 million. It is not immediately clear if she will receive all of the remaining money.

This next paragraph really brings it all out of the closet...

Terms of a non-disparagement agreement were critical for both sides, as Kelly has hinted that she knows about some of the skeletons in NBC’s closet.

Holy crap! This woman was making herself comfy in closets everywhere!

Lesson: if you invite Ms. Kelly to your house, I may suggest you lock your closet doors.

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

At this very point, I would be surprised if the suits at 30 Rock don't fire Andrew Lack because of all of this.........

There was a report on FTVLive that his contract was up at the end of last year and there wasn’t talk of renewals. 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/12/18/just-two-weeks-left

On 1/12/2019 at 8:31 AM, rkolsen said:

On 1/12/2019 at 8:27 AM, CircleSeven said:

At this very point, I would be surprised if the suits at 30 Rock don't fire Andrew Lack because of all of this.........

Here is an updated version from the NY Post that moved this morning...it has that Andy Lack angle,,,

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/13/inside-megyn-kellys-troubled-exit-from-nbc/

Is there any word if Megyn Kelly is under a non compete or what? If I was the brass at NBC and Comcast and payed out the rest of her salary I’d want her off the air until her original contract was up.

42 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

Is there any word if Megyn Kelly is under a non compete or what? If I was the brass at NBC and Comcast and payed out the rest of her salary I’d want her off the air until her original contract was up.

Part of the sticking point was Kelly didn't want a non-compete, and she indeed got it, but it was in exchange for a non-disparagement clause.

3 hours ago, Weeters said:

Well, unlike how NBC handled canceling Conan by destroying the set ASAP, the Megyn Kelly set still exists and is being used as a big conference room apparently. 🙄

Any word if the LED screens are still there? I see they used a projector for the films but that could just be for better quality and viewing all around. 

Archived