Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
tyrannical bastard

WJTV (and WHLT) new look coming?

This station seems to be such a mess. From staff to look, just not good all the way around.

Also, I am surprised they aren't taking on a motto with the word LOCAL in it since that seems to be a word in every Nexstar motto.

7 minutes ago, TCNewsTalk said:

This station seems to be such a mess. From staff to look, just not good all the way around.

Also, I am surprised they aren't taking on a motto with the word LOCAL in it since that seems to be a word in every Nexstar motto.

They need a new General Manager. That is definitely a mess of a station. I wonder how WAPT feels being the beacon of stability in Jackson? (That station has had the same owner for almost 25 years)

On 11/16/2018 at 10:58 PM, Myron Falwell said:

I would at least hope that there's nothing left with the old Ellis-era "JTV 12 News" logo...

WJTV_1996.jpg

Holy WSB ripoff. Lol

43 minutes ago, TresGriffin said:

Holy WSB ripoff. Lol

But hardly the first one.

A2BF4E11-FF91-43D3-B19B-AF5C000D169B.png

DE144092-9837-4398-94AF-F22A59211878.png

6387AE56-6A3E-4773-869B-A659C5D67848.png

Edited by Georgie56

Bert Ellis was VERY inspired by WSB, so much so that he modeled his own stations (WMC, KSLA, WJTV, WECT, etc...) in their image.

Aside from WJTV/WHLT (which had to be traded when Raycom acquired Federal Broadcasting and WDAM) the other logos still last into this day.  WITN had to be sold too since it overlapped too much with WECT....flash forward to today and Gray owns both (since Gray bought WITN from Raycom).

I know the "12" survived into the Media General era, but was done away with when Media General launched their crescent logos/blue and gold package.

The "Big Game" can't come soon enough.  This has to be the slowest relaunch i've ever seen.....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pine Belt Media said:

WJTV switched to new graphics, logo, etc. this evening. 

6D925D3E-949D-4F60-831A-557238CDF447.jpeg

Well, as WHLT 22 Daily News (and their sister station in Birmingham) used to say....... IT'S ABOUT TIME!

2 hours ago, who?cares said:

How hard is it to keep the open that comes with the pkg? 

Answer: it’s not. That looks terrible. 

I pray that WHTM ABC27 don’t get elements of that open.  That was PAINFUL to watch.

— Matt

That was not good.

Still using old mic flags. Theme music just got off into two shot at the wall. The female anchor referring to the station as WJTV 12 when all other branding seems to call it WJTV (which makes the whole CBS 12 logo even more confusing). 

They're just VERY inconsistent. 

Also, this is like the third time they've gone back to using Greg O'Neill for voiceover ....

Usually the overproduced cold open is a telltale sign of a low rated station desperate for attention....

Caught a split second of the 10pm show on BOTH WJTV and WHLT (the signal came in for about a minute....)

WJTV had their bug working along with the ticker, while WHLT did not.

Essentially, the lower thirds were identical to what WKRG has had since last May. 

Usually, my reception of WHLT is quite good, so I'll keep an eye on it to watch most of one of their shows, or try their live stream...

• Like 1

Ticker and bug is working on WHLT, and they have a new logo just like WJTV....

The ticker looks like it's identical to the one that's running on WJTV as the cities being mentioned are all Jackson area cities (for weather conditions)

Still some old traces of the old look floating around, and outside the news cast this is the only time I've seen a different logo for WHLT....

20190116_221125.jpg