WJTV (and WHLT) new look coming?

tyrannical bastard

This station seems to be such a mess. From staff to look, just not good all the way around.

Also, I am surprised they aren't taking on a motto with the word LOCAL in it since that seems to be a word in every Nexstar motto.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TCNewsTalk said:

This station seems to be such a mess. From staff to look, just not good all the way around.

Also, I am surprised they aren't taking on a motto with the word LOCAL in it since that seems to be a word in every Nexstar motto.

They need a new General Manager. That is definitely a mess of a station. I wonder how WAPT feels being the beacon of stability in Jackson? (That station has had the same owner for almost 25 years)

Bert Ellis was VERY inspired by WSB, so much so that he modeled his own stations (WMC, KSLA, WJTV, WECT, etc...) in their image.

Aside from WJTV/WHLT (which had to be traded when Raycom acquired Federal Broadcasting and WDAM) the other logos still last into this day.  WITN had to be sold too since it overlapped too much with WECT....flash forward to today and Gray owns both (since Gray bought WITN from Raycom).

I know the "12" survived into the Media General era, but was done away with when Media General launched their crescent logos/blue and gold package.

The "Big Game" can't come soon enough.  This has to be the slowest relaunch i've ever seen.....

That was not good.

Still using old mic flags. Theme music just got off into two shot at the wall. The female anchor referring to the station as WJTV 12 when all other branding seems to call it WJTV (which makes the whole CBS 12 logo even more confusing). 

They're just VERY inconsistent. 

Caught a split second of the 10pm show on BOTH WJTV and WHLT (the signal came in for about a minute....)

WJTV had their bug working along with the ticker, while WHLT did not.

Essentially, the lower thirds were identical to what WKRG has had since last May. 

Usually, my reception of WHLT is quite good, so I'll keep an eye on it to watch most of one of their shows, or try their live stream...

Ticker and bug is working on WHLT, and they have a new logo just like WJTV....

The ticker looks like it's identical to the one that's running on WJTV as the cities being mentioned are all Jackson area cities (for weather conditions)

Still some old traces of the old look floating around, and outside the news cast this is the only time I've seen a different logo for WHLT....

20190116_221125.jpg

On 1/16/2019 at 10:17 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

Ticker and bug is working on WHLT, and they have a new logo just like WJTV....

The ticker looks like it's identical to the one that's running on WJTV as the cities being mentioned are all Jackson area cities (for weather conditions)

Still some old traces of the old look floating around, and outside the news cast this is the only time I've seen a different logo for WHLT....

20190116_221125.jpg

I don't hate that WHLT logo as much as I hate the WJTV one. I think the gap between the two 2s is still too wide but overall this is an improvement over what they had before.

59 minutes ago, KentBrockman said:

I don't hate that WHLT logo as much as I hate the WJTV one. I think the gap between the two 2s is still too wide but overall this is an improvement over what they had before.

Time to vote... WJTV's or WHLT's?

I'd give it to WHLT. WJTV is just all over the mess.

WHLT...by far.

Like I mentioned before, it's a kerning issue that lots of fonts have with "1"s.  A good graphic designer can adjust it instead of relying on a default setting or uniform adjustment.

I haven't seen much of the on-air product since their relaunch, but it's highly likely many variants of the old WHLT logo (the WKRG ripoff) are still in use, and the new 22 is ONLY seen on that on-air bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived