Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
onthesea

BBC Two's new look: September 27, 2018

This is sharp. A bit of a departure from the past, but the "2" theme is unmistakable and the package comes with a nice suite of "formal" idents to link into news and more serious fare.

• Like 4

Not a fan. I see the curve in the 2 but at the same time, I rather see the full "2" in effect. They fixed something that wasn't broken.

• Like 3

I very much like these.

They're different for sure... but they're also vibrant, smooth, near breathtaking, slick and perfectly colorful. Definitely fits the channel like the 2 era certainly did.

The 2 era is a spectacular, flawless and iconic era for any network in any country, let alone this one from the UK. And if I lived in the country, I would've found this worth watching every single time and would've felt saddened to see it go. But after almost 30 years, the time has come for its graceful exit. And I think this package is a worthy successor.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Here's the moment of the switch:

Appropriate that they used Optics as the final ident before the switch--t hat was also the last ident used before they switched to the current BBC logo back in 1997.

• Like 1

Apparently, BBC Two Northern Ireland used the Paint ident to send off the old idents (which coincidentally was the first one seen of the '90s 2s back in 1991).

• Like 4