WRCB Chattanooga new look

tyrannical bastard

I will give them credit for the look. Yea it might be a little bit of a knock off of Tegna..but with the music..they execute it way better in my opinion than most Tegna stations (certainly looking at you KYTX). Personally when it comes to the music..the best one to execute Sixieme Sons package is KIII

Considering who's in the market, WRCB did a great job. Even without that, they did a great job, although:

WHY THE EFF ARE THE L3s IN THE 4:3 SAFE ZONE? STRETCH THAT BAD BOY OUT!

In 2018, everybody goes 16:9 including WCJB and WOGX here in Gainesville and WJXT in Jacksonville. Yet, there's still stations that only go 4:3 and here in Gainesville, its only WGFL/WNBW. You would think in 2018 they do so. Nope!

The graphics were long overdue, they had been using the first generation WISH Giant Octopus package for too long. These are not my favorite but considering what they replaced and what the competitors have, I think it was a good upgrade.

I've always wondered who did their logo.

It's some kind of canned logo with these stations (and others) doing a VERY similar look.

WPGA:

latest?cb=20110411185033

KDRV:

300px-Newswatch12.png

WLQP: (part of WLIO)

ABC_18_Lima_logo.png

I think even one of the NBC stations in Texas had one similar (was it KETK pre-Nexstar/Mission?)

Looking back, the italicized "3" pre-dates the one at WKYC (theirs started in 92 or 93). But I can draw the parallels to WREG as well...

This is from 1988 and lasted into the early 1990s...

latest?cb=20140530160710

It evolved into a "clock" logo with the "3" inside,

hqdefault.jpg

then the red box afterwards...during the "Balls and Walls" era...

even using Gari's "Great News Package" which WKYC was using at the time as well...

200?cb=20140331214034

• 2 weeks later...
I've always wondered who did their logo.

It's some kind of canned logo with these stations (and others) doing a VERY similar look.

WPGA:

latest?cb=20110411185033

KDRV:

300px-Newswatch12.png

WLQP: (part of WLIO)

ABC_18_Lima_logo.png

I think even one of the NBC stations in Texas had one similar (was it KETK pre-Nexstar/Mission?)

Looking back, the italicized "3" pre-dates the one at WKYC (theirs started in 92 or 93). But I can draw the parallels to WREG as well...

This is from 1988 and lasted into the early 1990s...

latest?cb=20140530160710

It evolved into a "clock" logo with the "3" inside,

hqdefault.jpg

then the red box afterwards...during the "Balls and Walls" era...

even using Gari's "Great News Package" which WKYC was using at the time as well...

200?cb=20140331214034

WVLA used a copy of this logo for some time as well. DB92AAEB-7AD8-4492-B34A-C369608991B6.thumb.jpeg.84c1e7935e2383d747ed4aaf1e9abf0b.jpeg

IMHO, with that 3 logo, you need obliqued/italicized Text to go along with it.

The 3 logo looked best during the 88-92 timeframe.

WKYC pulls the obliqued 3 off with the clipping of the right edge of the 3,

J

So that's how WKYC's "3" has aged so damn well.

Archived