Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TheRob

WDAF-TV renovations/set

I dont understand why KCPT could not host it. That looked very strange to me.

It does look odd. However these debates are usually decided mutually by the candidates and KCPT was either the only one they picked together on the list or the only willing station.

That just looked odd. At the very least, I would've removed the news desk and put in two podia for the candidates to stand behind.

We didn't have much choice on the debate. It came together in about 36 hours. Rep. Yoder refused to participate if it took place at the newspaper, since they had endorsed the opponent Sharice Davids. KCPT was already using its studio for recording a K.T. Tunstall concert, I think.

• Like 6

I think we're ready to go later this week unless any new technical issues appear.

Have there been a lot of technical bugs?  Will the weather office remain on set, or will they still have their main office in another room?  What changes from a new set perspective will you have as compared to the old set?

Posted (edited)

The weather office remains in a separate room.

All new sets have malfunctions and ghosts in the machine. When we launch it, we'll keep newscasts basic for a while. You'll probably see more of it in the morning news because half of the studio is the news set, and the other half is three separate interview sets. In fact, I think the 9:00 a.m. show will be staged entirely at one of those interview sets.

Edited by TheRob

Love the work BDI did to the place, which makes me a bit sad at the same time since Nexstar is purchasing Tribune's TV assets, and as many people already know, most of their new set builds are usually done in-house (with a few exceptions).