WDAF-TV renovations/set

TheRob

Renovations inside our station have moved to the studio.

Say hello to our tiny temporary newsroom set. We used a lot of blue paint.

DnQs_Q1VYAA4_cj.jpg

Gutting and rebuilding the studio is going to take a long time, but a new set with better lighting will come out of it. The renderings I've seen look nice.

DnQs_Q1VYAA4_cj.jpg

Gutting and rebuilding the studio is going to take a long time, but a new set with better lighting will come out of it. The renderings I've seen look nice.

Are y'all going to get a new graphics package and possibly a new music package to go along with the new set?

DnQs_Q1VYAA4_cj.jpg

Your doing god's work for us here at TVNT. Thank you for letting us know!

• 1 month later...

Gives me some vibes of the old ABC O&O look from way back when.

Actually, we put the graphics on last Thursday (first day of sweeps). I'm not surprised by the opinions.

You also have a new voice for the first time in what, 2 decades?

The opens: (Everything beyond the open is not good)

How bizarre to put a police car with flashing lights in the open. Embracing the city's skyrocketing murder rate?

I really, really like this look.

The animation has fluidity and and the design elements nicely complement the imagery in the open. And slab-serif for the first time in America! I'm confident it'll be the next big thing in broadcast design in this country.

Hope the new set is just as modern.

Actually, we put the graphics on last Thursday (first day of sweeps). I'm not surprised by the opinions.

The open is cool. The rest of graphics I could adjust to. To bad the station didn't get the custom version of "Beyond" with the former WDAF logo in it like KSAZ did.

It's growing on me. I wish that the audio would just not abruptly end. Keep the bed going until the anchors come on screen. Also in this market apparently the close isn't backtimed. So we end in the middle or beginning of the close bed. I'm also not a fan of Beyond but it's better than what most other fox affils use. Can't wait to see the new set.

As far as the studio goes, they've been putting down the new floor. The original wood floor is now a relic, like an old basketball court, carved up. We'll put a piece of it on display somewhere. All the lights arrived last week.

As far as the studio goes, they've been putting down the new floor. The original wood floor is now a relic, like an old basketball court, carved up. We'll put a piece of it on display somewhere. All the lights arrived last week.

The floor you mentioned as being removed: I can only guess it dated back to the NBC era of 'DAF? And, if so, how far?

The floor you mentioned as being removed: I can only guess it dated back to the NBC era of 'DAF? And, if so, how far?

As far as I know, the wood floor was original to the station. It even had little holds for wrestling ring posts. But when I started here, we had a different floor on top of the old floor. After removing an old set, the old wood floor was "re-discovered" and incorporated into a new set. It's neat, but can be a challenge because it doesn't muffle the sound of your shoes, especially for women who wear sharp shoes (click-clack-click-clack). The new floor should be quieter.

Happened to notice that WDAF hosted a Congressional debate on their newsroom set.

I admit, it looks kind of awkward.

https://fox4kc.com/2018/10/30/kansas-3rd-congressional-district-candidates-yoder-davids-debate-a-week-before-midterm-elections/

I dont understand why KCPT could not host it. That looked very strange to me.

Archived