Comcast Technology Center, NBC 10, Telemundo 62 New Studios (Possible First Photo)

rkolsen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I had a blonde moment. I forgot I started a thread on the new WCAU studios under the Philadelphia forum and then recently started one on the Sets & Studios forum where I featured a post of an internal Comcast studio. So I merged the two together.

What looks like a pretty amazing employee auditorium. Imagine it will be used for town halls and debates on WCAU/ WWSI. It reminds me of where Anderson Cooper’s first season of Anderson was filmed - The Appel Room of Jazz at Lincoln Center. The Appel Room like this one has a large glass wall over looking Central Park. While this one appears to overlook The Comcast Center.

Here are some photos via calist23 of Instagram.

[MEDIA=instagram]Bn_l4SYFd6G[/MEDIA]

For the full size images:

9D0B0DDD-EEA1-44FD-A1E0-6113D9CAF021.thumb.jpeg.ce1a627114f2e5282935c2837b28ea40.jpeg

1F265DB3-C808-461E-8EBD-7E6936A2DE90.thumb.jpeg.19550008d7aa6808a5f7afce3423ace9.jpeg

2B210467-294B-44F5-B623-2EDB8288ED14.thumb.jpeg.8627705b59cff53f4f5448d8456dc514.jpeg

A9F7C71A-C4AF-4C2F-8B0B-37A58C856510.thumb.jpeg.2a2b41b8731feab3274b45caf64c3f00.jpeg

Sure looks like a fancy building for all those rubes working at Kabletown. Is the Sheinhardt Wig division moving into this building too?

It is impressive especially once you lay the cable you stop innovating. ;)

Love the 30 Rock reference. I’d give you many more likes for that.

However today was the day I heard from a knowledgeable source about the move unless there’s problems.

But regarding Tracy and the others they could be saying that in case they don’t move. Also she and others on lives said they aren’t hubbed before. So it could just be another anchor not knowing the details.

Now one thing I wonder is if there’s parking nearby and where live trucks parked.

Every NBC O&O is hubbed out of Centennial, CO, and they are no exception.

What I meant when I said that it was that it’s an example of anchors not knowing all the details. I edited it for clarity.

She also tweeted back to me saying it would be a total move. In the video it sounded to me it would be similar to when WRC went HD with only Today cutins from the new set.

What I meant when I said that it was that it’s an example of anchors not knowing all the details. I edited it for clarity.

She also tweeted back to me saying it would be a total move. In the video it sounded to me it would be similar to when WRC went HD with only Today cutins from the new set.

She was referring to the rehearsals. There have been a lot of talent that hasn't been present lately. In fact a few days last week the evening newscasts were anchored by Rosemary Conners and Denise Nakano. I guess they doing the rehearsals in real time alongside the actual newscasts to get a feel of things and how they'll respond to breaking news and stuff like that.

She was referring to the rehearsals. There have been a lot of talent that hasn't been present lately. In fact a few days last week the evening newscasts were anchored by Rosemary Conners and Denise Nakano. I guess they doing the rehearsals in real time alongside the actual newscasts to get a feel of things and how they'll respond to breaking news and stuff like that.

Now I get what they meant.

However today was the day I heard from a knowledgeable source about the move unless there’s problems.

But regarding Tracy and the others they could be saying that in case they don’t move. Also she and others on lives said they aren’t hubbed before. So it could just be another anchor not knowing the details.

Now one thing I wonder is if there’s parking nearby and where live trucks parked.

It's my understanding that at least temporarily that their vehicles will continue to be parked at 10 Monument. I don't know for how long after they officially move in it will stay this way. Perhaps the parking lot under the building isn't open yet becuase they are still working on the building and it is being used as a sort of staging area.

It's my understanding that at least temporarily that their vehicles will continue to be parked at 10 Monument. I don't know for how long after they officially move in it will stay this way. Perhaps the parking lot under the building isn't open yet becuase they are still working on the building and it is being used as a sort of staging area.

I’m guessing a few will be kept on site for immediate deployment and the Storm Ranger (for protection). I asked about parking because employees will have to commute and for those at odd hours mass transit may not be reliable or simply unsafe - unless they’re willing to pay for taxis to a communal lot or home (some big companies do that).

Does the Four Seasons have a seperate entrance?

So I’ve been told by reputable source that the targeted move in date was October 1 and now it’s been moved to mid October to the end of the month. Apparently the cameras and video walls are giving them issues.

So I’ve been told by reputable source that the targeted move in date was October 1 and now it’s been moved to mid October to the end of the month. Apparently the cameras and video walls are giving them issues.

I heard the same thing. Now they are shooting to air from there right before election night.

Archived