Comcast Technology Center, NBC 10, Telemundo 62 New Studios (Possible First Photo)

rkolsen

It’s old, decrepit and the newsroom is in a windowless old studio. I’d venture they’d burn it down after gutting and auctioning anything usable. Unless of course they want to turn it into a production facility.

I think Bill Henley said that studio has been there since the ‘50s. The newsroom feels dark and dingy. The sports department has been deserted since Comcast took over.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s old, decrepit and the newsroom is in a windowless old studio. I’d venture they’d burn it down after gutting and auctioning anything usable. Unless of course they want to turn it into a production facility.

The place has landmark status so what could they do?

Looks like the move will be bringing a logo modification of sorts. Saw this tonight on NBC Sports Philadelphia promoting their Eagles party with WCAU.

Almost - ALMOST - looks like WJAR's 10, funny enough.

It's WCAU's 10. It just looks a little weird without the NBC lettering.

They spaced out the 1 and the 0 a little more in the revised logo. Not fond of that but I do like the elimination of the redundant “NBC” text.

They spaced out the 1 and the 0 a little more in the revised logo. Not fond of that but I do like the elimination of the redundant “NBC” text.

I think they did that to compensate for the peacock being draped over most of the base of the 1.

I think we can surmise that they're going to launch the new digs at 11PM Thursday night. They announced over the weekend that they'll be doing their newscasts that day on location from NFL Kickoff events around town. Makes perfect sense too that they can make the move without sacrificing any newscasts on such an important day for the area.

I'm wondering if they'll try to construct a helipad atop this building so SkyForce10 can land and people can board and deboard as needed, and/or a doppler radar (a la WNBC's old Doppler 4000 before they abandoned it).

I doubt the rooftop helipad. The upper portion of the building is going to be a hotel with the top floor being a restaurant/sports bar in the sky. Not sure the roof would be able to support a helicopter.

I also doubt any spot on the roof could support a radome. If you put it on the physical roof, the radar sweep would get interrupted by the closing tower and spire. The spire itself probably wouldn't be able to support a radome either.

• 2 weeks later...

So I searched Comcast Technology Center on Instagram to see any behind the scenes pics of the new NBC 10 (WCAU) and Telemundo 62 (WWSI) studios and came up with this. I’m not sure if it’s an existing Comcast studio or a new one built in the tower but here’s a pic anyway.

C4204D94-4E8D-4975-9901-D6035688245B.thumb.jpeg.0d8bd6f53a02e3a3a7c94dcfc1b241f2.jpeg

[MEDIA=instagram]BntnQUlB_SI[/MEDIA]

It’s a picture taken two days ago by an Instagram user called soulfulsips. I downloaded the image but if you click on it it takes you to the image page.

Figure this thread should be the go to thread for the move and studios.

So I searched Comcast Technology Center on Instagram to see any behind the scenes pics of the new NBC 10 (WCAU) and Telemundo 62 (WWSI) studios and came up with this. I’m not sure if it’s an existing Comcast studio or a new one built in the tower but here’s a pic anyway.

[ATTACH=full]6495[/ATTACH]

[MEDIA=instagram]BntnQUlB_SI[/MEDIA]

It’s a picture taken two days ago by an Instagram user called soulfulsips. I downloaded the image but if you click on it it takes you to the image page.

Figure this thread should be the go to thread for the move and studios.

Cool! I can see some of the six colors of NBC's "Rainbow Peacock" logo.

So my sources in the know say the stations sets are designed by Jeff Hall.

The studio I posted is called the “Comcast Onternet Essentials Studio” designed by HD group used for internal purposes such as town halls, employee presentations etc. 4eUu57B.jpg

Archived