WBFF New Graphics, possible new Sinclair Graphics?

Georgie56

The desk is giving me KNBC KWGN vibes, while the set backdrop the WTTG one with a central clear backdrop and a lower resolution side monitors.

Ā 

Aside from the back monitor wall Iā€™d say Iā€™m impressed with the set.

Ā 

Edit: After a little over a decade they dropped a v/o line and graphic mentioning in High Definition. I mean WBAL was the second to go HD a few months later and all there was was a little HD logo in the opening and the bug - once Diagrid 1.0 rolled around it was gone. WJZ probably had the HD in their logo for less than a year and WMAR didnā€™t even bother as they were the last (and last in the original Scripps group).

• Like 2

[media=tweet]1037796007579463681[/media]

[media=twitter]1037813498057764866[/media]

Ā 

The desk next to the chroma key gives me TEGNA vibes where a lot of their elements have that color wood and a large metal (and very low) chair wall of sorts.

Ā 

[MEDIA=twitter]1037899380530065408[/MEDIA]

Ā 

The monitor walls on the right side of the screen has two or three vertical panels that ā€œpop outā€ and were used during Sports Unlimited. I wonder if all the vertical monitors can move out for a effect.

• Like 1

However, who in the right F***ING mind would think of a slogan "Connecting People with Content Everywhere" ? Like seriously ?

Ya just can't please everyone...

Ā 

Congratulations to WBFF, wonderful looking set, new graphics look very chic as well.

• Like 3

This is something I very seldom say about anything Sinclair-related, but I am impressed. Very clean and stylish graphics. I actually get a bit of a KABC vibe from them, actually.

Ā 

That slogan... what the hell is that supposed to be?

These graphics look like they're all in-house.

Ā 

I mean, Iā€™d hope soā€”their corporate HQ / hub is based in Baltimore, correct? I donā€™t think Sinclairā€™s gone out of house for GFX ever - at least not since the News Central days.

Ā 

To the topic at hand: itā€™s definitely a step up from the 3D logos floating in space, and the logo animation in particular is very nice, but there isnā€™t a ton of motion to give that open that feeling of grandeur.

I mean, Iā€™d hope soā€”their corporate HQ / hub is based in Baltimore, correct? I donā€™t think Sinclairā€™s gone out of house for GFX ever - at least not since the News Central days.

Ā 

To the topic at hand: itā€™s definitely a step up from the 3D logos floating in space, and the logo animation in particular is very nice, but there isnā€™t a ton of motion to give that open that feeling of grandeur.

Ā 

Not what I meant. I think the WBFF creative team made these not the graphics hub.

During the 12:37 AM replay the old ticker covered up most of the lower thirds. The morning show still uses the L bar.

Ā 

Edit: During the morning shows it appears they use the verticallly oriented monitor wall as opposed to the large one as seen in the original post. The large LED video wall was used for weather. While on traffic computers it appears nothing changed but there appeared to be issues with cameras not loading on the map view.

Ā 

Now Iā€™m not an expert on the Barron weather computers should a cursor appear on screen?

Ā 

Edit 2: I will make a video much later today. It will include the 4:30, 5-6AM and the 4-6pm shows. All depends on how fast my computer network can transfer and transcode TiVo files.

This is something I very seldom say about anything Sinclair-related, but I am impressed. Very clean and stylish graphics. I actually get a bit of a KABC vibe from them, actually.

Ā 

That slogan... what the hell is that supposed to be?

Ā 

Ā 

What do you mean? It's a very creative and imaginative slogan that doesn't scream "bland" or "corporate" or "generic" at all.

Ā 

EDIT: Its actually Sinclair's mission statement. Why someone thought copying the corporate mission statement verbatim would be a good idea for a slogan is anyones guess (I'm sure Hunt Valley was involved).

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Sinclair-Broadcast-Group-EI_IE4585.11,35.htm

https://mobile.twitter.com/wearesinclair?lang=en

Ā 

Ā 

That said this was long overdue for WBFF. And it looks like it was worth the wait. Glad they actually put effort into the new set and made it look nice unlike another station down I-95 *cough* WJLA *cough*.

Ā 

With corporate right down the street, youd think they'd want to provide these stations with the best they can possibly have.

• Like 3

What do you mean? It's a very creative and imaginative slogan that doesn't scream "bland" or "corporate" or "generic" at all.

Ā 

EDIT: Its actually Sinclair's mission statement. Why someone thought copying the corporate mission statement verbatim would be a good idea for a slogan is anyones guess (I'm sure Hunt Valley was involved).

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Sinclair-Broadcast-Group-EI_IE4585.11,35.htm

https://mobile.twitter.com/wearesinclair?lang=en

Ā 

Ā 

That said this was long overdue for WBFF. And it looks like it was worth the wait. Glad they actually put effort into the new set and made it look nice unlike another station down I-95 *cough* WJLA *cough*.

Ā 

With corporate right down the street, youd think they'd want to provide these stations with the best they can possibly have.

Ā 

Broadcasting rule #10: Flagships always get the best stuff.

• Like 5

I feel like the graphics could animate a bit better than they do, also those lower 3rds are really big and im not sure about all the use of the > and >>. Other than that, it's an improvement over the American flags.

Ā 

The set is very nice from what I see, one of the better Sinclair sets for sure.

• Like 1

However, who in the right F***ING mind would think of a slogan "Connecting People with Content Everywhere" ? Like seriously ?

Yeah, the slogan's kind of clunky. One other thing, they included the date in the open. Including the current date in pre-open newscast teasers was unfortunately something that went out in the late 1990s; KTRK's graphics packages in the 1980s are the only instances I can think of in which the date was included in the main opening sequence.

• Like 1