WBFF New Graphics, possible new Sinclair Graphics?

Georgie56

18 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

We're into 2020 and WMSN is STILL using FOX searchlights in their logo, despite FOX dropping it in 1999. Amazing times to be alive in.

It doesn’t really mean much if they still have the searchlights in the logo. It’s easy to associate it with the FOX brand and it saves management money since they don’t have to spend money to replace all the logos with the new one. Hence why WRLH still had the searchlights in its logo until a few years ago. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

KABB met halfway

Yikes, talk about halfway...

I agree with dma37dude (YT), this is terrible. At this point, they should've gone completely in with "Glass V.2" instead of using parts of 2 different packages. 

Edited by MyNewsArchive
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, MyNewsArchive said:

Yikes, talk about halfway...

I agree with dma37dude (YT), this is terrible. At this point, they should've gone completely in with "Glass V.2" instead of using parts of 2 different packages. 

Coming soon to KOKH?

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, LexTVandRadio said:

They didn't get a special look again? Yeah really, shocked they didn't become CBS12. 

The "LOCAL 12" brand is probably one of the few good things they have for them. Sinclair would have been foolish to change it (even though their logo and prior looks have been copied on many stations).

I guess there's always "12 News", but I highly doubt they'll ever become CBS 12.

I guess now, the medical segments that Liz Bonis produces for the group will get the standard graphics in them now.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, groupwfan said:

WKRC got SINCLAIR’ed. 
(ironically, they didn’t try to make become CBS12 or something)...

Bob Herzog’s take on the new music is 🔥

https://m.facebook.com/jendaltonlocal12/videos/350046103069887/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F185846334894559%2Fposts%2F2253467991465706%2F

Edited by ttvn2000
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

WTOV never got the updates under Cox like WJAC did to look more like WPXI when they updated.  

I'm surprised Sinclair hasn't tweaked the logo on-air....it's basically the same as when Cox bought the station and modeled it like WPXI at the time.

You see the modified logo on their website (to account for adding Fox) but the News 9 logo remains unchanged to this day.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

It's really hard to call these new graphics since they are almost 2 years old.

This is probably the slowest corporate television company graphics roll out ever, It should go in the Guinness Book of World Records!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 9/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

It's really hard to call these new graphics since they are almost 2 years old.

On 9/3/2020 at 8:36 PM, Gavin said:

This is probably the slowest corporate television company graphics roll out ever, It should go in the Guinness Book of World Records!!!

They've got nearly 200 stations under their belt, so the rollout will take ages to complete compared to a company who only has, for example, 60 stations. And then there's stations that use different graphics systems - so you have to either convert the graphics to whatever system they're using or send the station a system that the graphics were designed to work with and set it up.

This was also the case with the previous graphics (Curves and Glass), and the rollout of that look took up its entire lifespan! (2014-2018) And it took so long that it wasn't even finished being fully implemented across all stations before the new look launched.

The current look is already on it's third year, and now you've also got the COVID-19 pandemic that's already slowing everything down.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kfc513 said:

They've got nearly 200 stations under their belt, so the rollout will take ages to complete compared to a company who only has, for example, 60 stations. And then there's stations that use different graphics systems - so you have to either convert the graphics to whatever system they're using or send the station a system that the graphics were designed to work with and set it up.

This was also the case with the previous graphics (Curves and Glass), and the rollout of that look took up its entire lifespan! (2014-2018) And it took so long that it wasn't even finished being fully implemented across all stations before the new look launched.

The current look is already on it's third year, and now you've also got the COVID-19 pandemic that's already slowing everything down.

Then they need to mandate all of its stations to be on one graphics system switcher!!!

On 9/7/2020 at 9:33 PM, kfc513 said:

Exactly. My local Fox station WRLH used the old orange, white and blue Sinclair graphics and Gari's Daily News package until sometime in the fall of 2019. They've finally switched to Warner/Chappell's Sinclair News Package but not using the current Sinclair look. They're using the WDBJ/WITN graphics. WRLH's newscasts are produced by WWBT. Here are the opens.

(Videos below from YouTuber HarleyTrader Jr.)

Edited by tw-804
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just randomly switched over to KECI and KTVM and oh wow! It seems some days ago the NBC Montana stations have finally switched to the Sinclair Mandate Graphics.

Let's take a moment of silence for Look F please🙁~ I surely have enjoyed the Look F graphics with the Sinclair Glass music. To be honest, I think they both go very well, especially for the intro part. I thought Sinclair would give an exception to NBC Montana for using their mandate graphics given how well Look F goes... but oh well, it seems Look F has dated enough to be phased out. 😪

The NBC Montana stations have a new logo now - it seems the individual station branding is now named "NBC 13"/"NBC 6"? The NBC Montana stations only states their individual station branding (e.g KECI-13, KTVM-6 in the Look F period) on their legal ID and DOGs, other times they are referred to "NBC Montana".

Here are a few screenshots from tonight's News at 10, nothing too interesting, typical Sinclair stuff... (I tuned in late and missed the intro)

T1.thumb.png.8a40660db7628596815d89497e79d811.png

T2.thumb.png.70509ba9ca3edece93ae49d0b25ec76e.png

T3.thumb.png.7d6ecf3b4a54e5852231a90ef5b7851e.png

T4.thumb.png.1c256a1b493800631157c255bc98a2f2.png

T5.thumb.png.fb4999e6c2da48fc726949be5d567e4b.png

T6.thumb.png.dafe8b0b0324ee33f8298e79de6a365b.png

T9.thumb.png.73b449721d26d13f12decfa4ae5be881.png

Some Look F elements still remain...

T7.thumb.png.7bb2a3e31a76aa8e2fbbcee966436a77.png

KTVM also switched to Sinclair...

T8.thumb.png.8aa94f1577f595a442f979e49abec1e2.png

T2.png

T3.png

T4.png

T5.png

T6.png

Edited by ref1997
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

No major graphics developments to report, but this happened to WKRC's news open tonight...

WKRC-Open-error.png.eac33d972eecc535eb159d9405992ae9.png

I should also point out that the background where the date would normally appear never cued up.

Edited by kfc513
Additional info