WBFF New Graphics, possible new Sinclair Graphics?

Georgie56

As I initially posted on Discord, ABC 33/40 appears to be next in line for the new graphics. They have phased in the new Sinclair WX graphics. They also transitioned from TWC/WSI Max to Baron. 
image.thumb.png.a23d1f8952770458e1d283f1d98e072d.png

Edited by Morphtato

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I don't get why WBMA is now calling their 5:00 p.m. newscast as "First at 5:00" when they also have an hour-long newscast that's earlier than that at 4:00 p.m.

I'm as confused as you are-- they need to change that 5 P.M. title to ABC 33/40 News at 5, and move the First At... to the 4 P.M. show, if I'm reading you right.

4 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I don't get why WBMA is now calling their 5:00 p.m. newscast as "First at 5:00" when they also have an hour-long newscast that's earlier than that at 4:00 p.m.

Hmm, I thought it was because at one point, 4:00 was called "Focus at 4" or something? If it isn't then, yeah, that is strange lol. I wonder if 4:00 is a different format or something (pre-COVID 19)?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI said:

Hmm, I thought it was because at one point, 4:00 was called "Focus at 4" or something? If it isn't then, yeah, that is strange lol. I wonder if 4:00 is a different format or something (pre-COVID 19)?

That could be the most likely explanation.

• 3 weeks later...

Another former Bonten station (finally) gets the Sinclair package.  WCTI in New Bern.

Along with the new set the station just debuted today

It is strange they still have the old weather graphics, usually Sinclair changes them in advance of a graphics update, coinciding with either a software upgrade or platform change of the WX computers.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
wx gfx
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Another former Bonten station (finally) gets the Sinclair package.  WCTI in New Bern.

Along with the new set the station just debuted today

It is strange they still have the old weather graphics, usually Sinclair changes them in advance of a graphics update, coinciding with either a software upgrade or platform change of the WX computers.

This just leaves KECI, NBC Montana, as the last remaining Bonten station that has not fully converted to the Sinclair graphics.

23 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

When KRCR-TV switched to the Sinclair Curves graphics last year, the weather graphics were (and still are) from the new package, albeit with a few elements (e.g., radar legends, basemaps) from the Bonten-era package.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

New station. WSBT is now using the Sinclair gfx.

WNWO and WOLF also have the new graphics as well. 

Surprised it took so long for the "mothership" to Sinclair-ize itself while the other two had the "Curves" package from their origins from South Bend.  Do they still have the exact same anchor teams?

Edited by tyrannical bastard
Glass...curves...whatever....

3 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

WNWO and WOLF also have the new graphics as well. 

Surprised it took so long for the "mothership" to Sinclair-ize itself while the other two had the "Curves" package from their origins from South Bend.  Do they still have the exact same anchor teams?

Yes, WNWO and WOLF still have the same anchor teams utilizing the secondary studio at WSBT's facilities.

Also, subtle difference between WNWO, WOLF, and WSBT: WNWO and WOLF are using the new music, whereas WSBT is still using the "Curves" music.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottSchell said:

I'm wondering if and when KTUL may get this graphics update.

I've seen teases of KOKH in the new graphics but so far it's been limited to promos. Nothing in the newscast as of yet.

What I do know is that it's eventually going to come to both KOKH and KTUL the only question isn't a matter of if but when.

Edited by oknewsguy
  • Like 1