WBFF New Graphics, possible new Sinclair Graphics?

Georgie56

• 1 month later...

I don't have any photographic or video evidence, but WSYX/WTTE in Columbus, Ohio debuted new graphics tonight at 5PM. I know it's "hip" to hate on everything Sinclair, but the graphics are nice, especially the transitions. I did not see any opens to see what they look like (i.e. how "customized" they are for Columbus).
Ā 

Edited by H4UL4U

50 minutes ago, Breaking News said:

Different graphics during a different era in time during the station history.

Not so much, for most of WSYX's history, they have been the red-headed stepchild of the stations it was only about recently I would say honestly the beginning of the "News Center" era WSYX started punching with WBNS and WCMH on a consistent basis outside of the late 80's with the turn being WCMH getting bought by MG and WSYX and WTTE getting a real investment by Sinclair around that time as well.

Edited by ColumbusNewsFan

3 minutes ago, ColumbusNewsFan said:

Not so much, for most of WSYX's history, they have been the red-headed stepchild of the stations it was only about recently I would say honestly the beginning of the "News Center" era WSYX started punching with WBNS and WCMH on a consistent basis outside of the late 80's with the turn being WCMH getting bought by MG and WSYX and WTTE getting a real investment by Sinclair around that time as well.

Yes, WSYX has languished in 3rd place, but when it moved #2 many times during the 70s & 80s and recently a few years ago.Ā  If you go back and look at many newscasts in many markets the graphics package and sets were not so stellar.

Looking at WLS in Chicago in the late 80s & 90s had a horrible set and package, but were #1.Ā  In the mid-90s WSYX graphics were solid 90s graphics not flashy or over the top.Ā  Yes, the whole set, graphics, music is all apart of the package of the newscast. However, your newscast is the selling point. Yes, WSYX has evolved, but I wouldn't say it the best in their history.Ā  It Sinclair cookie cutter image, so it nice but wouldn't say it all that.Ā  I'm sure they may come up with a new package in two years that could even be more greater than today.

It looks very good for WSYX.Ā  Let's hope they leave the flags out of the supers this time once and for all (not bloody likely.....)

Ā 

WSYX and WBFF have always been the golden boys for Sinclair.Ā  WSYX has been in the fold since 1996 when their original Columbus station (WTTE) was shelled into Glencairn and by way of their purchase of River City.Ā Ā  Being a "Big 3" station in Sinclair's fold for so long (especially in a market like Columbus) means there has been much attention focused on it.Ā  It may be in 3rd place, but it has been a cash cow ever since.

Ā 

WJLA, despite being in the nation's capitol and a virtual flagship, still needs a lot of work, as given by all of the turnover and ratings issues since Sinclair took over....

Ā 

Of course down in Cincinnati, someone is doing a good job of keeping Sinclair off their backs....how they have managed to escape the "Sinclair-i-zation" is beyond me......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

It looks very good for WSYX.Ā  Let's hope they leave the flags out of the supers this time once and for all (not bloody likely.....)

Ā 

WSYX and WBFF have always been the golden boys for Sinclair.Ā  WSYX has been in the fold since 1996 when their original Columbus station (WTTE) was shelled into Glencairn and by way of their purchase of River City.Ā Ā  Being a "Big 3" station in Sinclair's fold for so long (especially in a market like Columbus) means there has been much attention focused on it.Ā  It may be in 3rd place, but it has been a cash cow ever since.

Ā 

WJLA, despite being in the nation's capitol and a virtual flagship, still needs a lot of work, as given by all of the turnover and ratings issues since Sinclair took over....

Ā 

There is a very opaque American flag underneath the bug, none at all in the supers that I've seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Of course down in Cincinnati, someone is doing a good job of keeping Sinclair off their backs....how they have managed to escape the "Sinclair-i-zation" is beyond me......

It's nice there no doubt about that and viewers said they liked it except the music ding during every story a graphics changes. Some said it was too computer-ish, others thought it was annoying.Ā Ā  I will say I like the "6" logo blue over white.

The flag is in the background, and down in Cincy since they're a runnaway#1 Sinclair not going to mess with them.Ā 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, susquvalleywgal said:

Still waiting for WHP CBS21 to get these graphics. Ā That will probably happen in year 2030.

Ā 

ā€” Matt

I hear you there been waiting on KTUL here in Tulsa, Oklahoma to get this new graphics package as well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TexasTVNews said:

Ā 

Thatā€™s a very nice ticker. Ā Wish WBFF got that one. Their current two line one looks very awkwardĀ especially when the second line is empty and has odd animations.Ā