KABC expands AM News to 4am.

CircleSeven

I don’t know why. Don’t most people want traffic and weather? Really more traffic and what’s happening locally, right? I watched a half hour last week and it was a joke. Of course it’s gonna be sunny and warm out; let’s have a weather anchor tell us the obvious but not have a traffic reporter. The traffic report consisted of Phillip informing to get on the 405 before or after XYZ street...that was it. I did see a hit from Scott/Air 7, but it wasn’t detailed, just about wherever he was at the moment. Thank goodness for KTLA. I see why they’re doing so well. Detailed traffic and local overnight news. Channel 7 had a full on report about a bridge collapse in Italy. WGAF? How does that impact anyone or the majority of people here? Sorry for my rambling post, I just feel like channel 7 is very weak in the morning. I do love their 6pm show though.

I agree that KABC's morning news has really slid downhill. KABC used to be a dominant #1 in the mornings. Over the last couple years their ratings have slid and KTLA has gained the #1 position before 7 a.m. The traffic reports are severely lacking and have so since Alysha Del Valle left in 2017.

Do KABC not have a morning traffic reporter?

I believe Kimi Evans does traffic (according to her Twitter bio), but it can't be more than a few days a week since she's weekend morning meteorologist.

It's messy.

Scott Reiff does traffic from Air 7 HD. There isn't a studio based traffic reporter anymore- like someone referenced, since Alysha del Valle left.

Makes you wonder if you will see a new anchor team on the 11am news. I'd imagine they get in around 2:45-3am. To work until 12:15/12:30 isn't horrible, but it definitely makes for a long day. I would think the 3pm team or the 4pm team could easily add the 11am to their duties.

Archived