KOLR 10 News New Set

NewsGuyTV

• 2 weeks later...
That anchor desk ... WOOF.

— Matt

Seriously! It looks like they just slid together 2 card tables they picked up at Walmart.

Who gives a shit about the desk? It's temporary. At least they have a desk.

Who gives a shit about the desk? It's temporary. At least they have a desk.

I think when WCAU was redoing their studio once they had no desk... I might be wrong but it was a weird setup at the very least.

The "cheap desk" makes me recall a similar thing at CNN....it was right after Piers Morgan was cancelled, and they re-used the studio with some cheap-o glass desk like one you would find at Staples or Office Depot.

Here's the article from NewscastStudio.com...

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2014/04/15/really-cnn-this-is-a-desk/

Regarding KOLR...they need the updated set...badly. I wonder if it will be adaptable to KRBK once they're absorbed....

Regarding KOLR...they need the updated set...badly. I wonder if it will be adaptable to KRBK once they're absorbed....

The set will have to be adaptable to the KRBK newscasts, the better question becomes what will happen to the KOZL newscasts once KOLR's and KRBK's news departments are combined but, that's for the speculatron board

The set will have to be adaptable to the KRBK newscasts, the better question becomes what will happen to the KOZL newscasts once KOLR's and KRBK's news departments are combined but, that's for the speculatron board

Simple, KRBK and KOZL's newscasts will be combined to air on KRBK. Done.

I'd be curious to see how KOZL is doing in the ratings and if KRBK is now beating them.

Seems like the thing to to (and would have been necessary under the old rules) is buy KRBK to get FOX back and move it back to KOZL like it was before FOX stripped it away from them.

KOZL has the coverage while KRBK still has a patchwork of transmitters to try and cover the market adequately...

• 2 weeks later...

I want to point something out to people who always get antsy after a few weeks about why new sets sometimes take a long time:

fb_img_1537801377027-jpg.6528

Look closely behind the set in front of the windows. That is an ancient lighting control desk, which relied on a massive patch panel and racks of dimmers to work. In modern studios outfitted primarily with LED and fluorescent lights, the dimmer rack can (usually) be removed (or at least replaced with one much, much smaller) and the patch panel can be replaced with an iPad or a board not much bigger than one (most modern fixtures have internal dimmers and the dimming is controlled via the DMX512 protocol.)

But you can't just rip out the panel, splice the wires together, and plug in lights. The entire lighting grid in that studio is wired to that patch bay and the wiring in the grid probably no longer meets code, which means it needs to be replaced or bypassed with new outlets for the LEDs. That takes time, effort, and money.

I would imagine the first thing KOLR did after demoing the set was start on replacing that old dinosaur with something that will allow them to easily switch over to LEDs.

KRBK has a new morning show starting October 22nd from 7-9am

[ATTACH=full]6605[/ATTACH]

mhmm... I think I made a prediction about a month ago then KRBK was going to have a 7-9am newscast. Don't be surprised in the future, KRBK will add more newscasts beyond 7-9am and 9pm

I want to point something out to people who always get antsy after a few weeks about why new sets sometimes take a long time:

fb_img_1537801377027-jpg.6528

Look closely behind the set in front of the windows. That is an ancient lighting control desk, which relied on a massive patch panel and racks of dimmers to work. In modern studios outfitted primarily with LED and fluorescent lights, the dimmer rack can (usually) be removed (or at least replaced with one much, much smaller) and the patch panel can be replaced with an iPad or a board not much bigger than one (most modern fixtures have internal dimmers and the dimming is controlled via the DMX512 protocol.)

But you can't just rip out the panel, splice the wires together, and plug in lights. The entire lighting grid in that studio is wired to that patch bay and the wiring in the grid probably no longer meets code, which means it needs to be replaced or bypassed with new outlets for the LEDs. That takes time, effort, and money.

I would imagine the first thing KOLR did after demoing the set was start on replacing that old dinosaur with something that will allow them to easily switch over to LEDs.

Ah yes, the old light patch bay. However, I have seen a lot of smaller-market stations that did their old setup on the cheap and simply used a breaker box to turn on the circuits.

The Hosts of KRBK's morning show have been revealed.... KOLR's Ozarks Live! co-hosts Jeremy Rabe & Kelly Smith will over Ozarks Fox AM[ATTACH=full]6607[/ATTACH]

I feel like this is going to be a 2 hour lifestyle show. Is there a prime time newscast too?

I feel like this is going to be a 2 hour lifestyle show. Is there a prime time newscast too?

According to Facebook, this is suppose to be a mixture of news, weather, and lifestyle.... Although, I don't understand the concept having guest on Ozarks Fox AM since they have guest on KOLR's Lifestyle Show "Ozarks Live!" at 3pm

According to Facebook, this is suppose to be a mixture of news, weather, and lifestyle.... Although, I don't understand the concept having guest on Ozarks Fox AM since they have guest on KOLR's Lifestyle Show "Ozarks Live!" at 3pm

If that's the case then KOLR needs to move Ozarks Live to KRBK and allow KOLR to go to 4pm and shift Judy to 3pm on KOLR

Just a few more days on the temporary set for KOLR 10 [ATTACH=full]6614[/ATTACH]

When will the set officially debut on KOLR? And also have you heard anything else on what they plan on doing with the newscasts on KOZL?

Archived