FOX NEWS Denver Bureau?

DENDude

So I was out & about this afternoon and i saw two grey Ford F-350 Trucks with satellites on the top and on the doors of the trucks it said:

FOX NEWS

DENVER, COLORADO

D.B.A.--KDVR-TV.

One had Colorado License plates & the other had Colorado temp plates, so does FOX NEWS have a bureau out here now? (I'm sorry I wasn't quick enough to get some pictures) or do they just have trucks based here?

Fox News has a bureau there and at WJW in Cleveland, Ohio.

When the stations were sold to Local TV from Fox, Fox threw in a provision that they’d locate bureaus and satellite uplinks for Fox News Channel at two of the former O&Os.

WJW houses a satellite uplink for FNC. It’s where Geraldo appears on Hannity or Fox & Friends, while the Denver bureau is moreso a studio at KDVR.

When the stations were sold to Local TV from Fox, Fox threw in a provision that they’d locate bureaus and satellite uplinks for Fox News Channel at two of the former O&Os.

WJW houses a satellite uplink for FNC. It’s where Geraldo appears on Hannity or Fox & Friends, while the Denver bureau is moreso a studio at KDVR.

I don't think necessarily the Denver studio would be a full studio per say..more like one of those flash-cam studios (or something handled by a Cisco solution). But something that they probably have one or two reporters based there.

Cool!!! Didn't know that...

The Fox bureau in Denver predates KDVR's news department. It was originally in an office building on 18th St. downtown before it moved into the KDVR building at the time of the Fox-Local TV sale. It's all separate from KDVR's operation. I think Fox is technically renting the space.

I believe Alicia Acuna is still the correspondent there. They also have a few field producers and photographers based there along with a pair of wire editors. So there are half a dozen desks, a few edit bays, a bathroom/make up room, and another room for NewsEdge.

The space itself isn't big, but it isn't small either. The studio has barely enough room for two cameras and a familiar anchor desk. They can also spin everything around in front of a view of the fun-sized newsroom area. They also have access to the big outdoor patio space, which is where they do most of the live shots anyway. But here's what it looked like when Special Report came from Denver once:

34616527171_3ff468adb9_h.jpg

Archived