Spectrum News L.A.

Eat News

Why even bother? There's way too much local news in Los Angeles. This is also a cable channel. How many viewers can Spectrum expect to get, a few thousand, if possible? I think the only way this station / network will get more viewers is if other stations dramatically cut back on their news programming, which won't happen any time soon.

I think they should convert their sports channels into a mixture of local news and sports. The Lakers and Dodgers networks should provide local news in addition to their sports highlights and interview shows, when the respective teams are not playing.

The new channel should be devoted something else instead of just local news.

I don't think anyone's shared this on here yet. The LA Times had a good write up on what this channel wants to accomplish. Sounds like they want to make it similar to the NY channel by focusing on local community issues and politics and get away from the typical crime and car chase grind.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-spectrum-tv-local-news-20180818-story.html

Question: do these Spectrum news channels have content arrangements with any of the big wire services? If their dive into politics includes statewide politics in any form, they'll need some sort of presence in Sac or at least a deal with one of the stations up there. I didn't see any jobs listed for anything outside of the LA area.

Question: do these Spectrum news channels have content arrangements with any of the big wire services? If their dive into politics includes statewide politics in any form, they'll need some sort of presence in Sac or at least a deal with one of the stations up there. I didn't see any jobs listed for anything outside of the LA area.

They are CNN Newsource affiliates, though I don't know how much content they use on a day-to-day basis (I don't have access to a Spectrum news channel myself).

Also, for California there is Capitol Television News Service they can pull California-specific political coverage from.

Archived