WSAZ Meteorologist accused of shoving anchor, cracking skull

sfomspphl

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/8/30/anchor-fight-club

Upon my arrival to the scene, my complainant/victim was in bed 13 and was identified as Erica Bivens. Erica stated that she had been out for The Girl’s Night Out Celebration that was held at the Charleston Civic Center earlier that night and then her husband [redacted] decided to go out for more drinks afterward. Erica went on to say that they ended up at the Broadway bar on Leon Sullivan Way and ended up running into a co-worker (Chelsea Ambriz) of Erica’s. Erica advised that she had problems with Chelsea in the past as far as her being aggressive toward her. Erica said that her and her husband didn’t think anything of it until later in the evening Chelsea began to hit on Donald. Donald told Chelsea that he was not interested in her and went back over and stood with Erica. Donald mentioned to Erica about what had just happened with Chelsea and so Erica went and confronted Chelsea about it. Erica said that Chelsea then became irate and began to shove Erica causing both of them to fall over in the bar area.

Erica told me that her ear drum had been busted in her left ear which was causing it to bleed and a large knot on the side of her head. She advised me that she would be having a EKG scan done while at the hospital to see if there was anymore internal damage.

Both Bivens and Ambriz are together at 4pm which will make it awkward from now on if they are both retained by WSAZ and Gray.

Erica told me that her ear drum had been busted in her left ear which was causing it to bleed and a large knot on the side of her head. She advised me that she would be having a EKG scan done while at the hospital to see if there was anymore internal damage.

Not her "IFB ear".....oh please say it aint so...

The legend of Tom McGee lives on! Interestingly enough, this whole story broke when I recalled his antics in the past.

He is now a personal injury attorney....wonder if he'll represent Erica?

Not sure why I thought of this but it seems like almost like how Tom McGee would start asking questions.

Can't believe the station hasn't mentioned this on air, particularly since other news outlets have picked up the story. Makes it look like they're trying to hide something.

Looks like it's the whole "we can't comment on personnel matters"...thing. Meanwhile, since the police have been involved, it is a public record for the rest of the media to lay into.

Looks like it's the whole "we can't comment on personnel matters"...thing. Meanwhile, since the police have been involved, it is a public record for the rest of the media to lay into.

I bet they win a few ratings points out of this...

"Any Publicity...is..."

Can't believe the station hasn't mentioned this on air, particularly since other news outlets have picked up the story. Makes it look like they're trying to hide something.

It’s more than that. WSAZ and Gray almost successfully had the story totally embargoed... until someone came to Scott Jones. And even then, they refuse to acknowledge that it happened after the other outlets started to cover the whole thing.

I lived in Huntington for five years just up until June of this year, and I know several folks that work at WSAZ personally. From my perspective, it’s not that they are trying to hide it, but that this is a “family“ matter. There is no sense for them to make this a news item, because it involves actual human beings that live and work together in the community. Not every story that happens is worth a ratings point. I will say shame on all those who are trying to make this a ”news story.”

When it comes to something of this matter, it's a matter of their character being called into question, especially if there were witnesses who recognized the assailant. As a face of the station, there should be a level of personal conduct that should be expected, and when they fail to live up to that standard, they should be disciplined appropriately. Even more so that the two worked together has "hostile working environment" written all over it should they ever be paired together again.

I lived in Huntington for five years just up until June of this year, and I know several folks that work at WSAZ personally. From my perspective, it’s not that they are trying to hide it, but that this is a “family“ matter. There is no sense for them to make this a news item, because it involves actual human beings that live and work together in the community. Not every story that happens is worth a ratings point. I will say shame on all those who are trying to make this a ”news story.”

WSAZ not wanting to report on it for personal reasons can be understandable.

Preventing the story from being released to the general public by embargo is a totally different story. It’s a bad bad look. What difference is there between this story and Johnny Manziel assaultimg his girlfriend in the same way?

Scott Jones should not have been the first individual to cover it.

• 3 months later...
On 9/4/2018 at 5:43 PM, Eat News said:

Oh yummy!

That must means there must be a video somewhere out there that makes BOTH both them look real stupid...or really, really drunk.

Does MTV still do that celebrity wrestling stuff?

No. MTV Stopped airing it in 2007.

Archived