Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

The Suicide of CNN.."Goodbye Cruel World."


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Either way, there is blood on Jeff Zucker's hands.  Trump aside, he still nearly destroyed NBCUniversal during his tenure.

 

Yes indeed. He was the biggest person responsible for the Jay Leno-Conan O'Brien controversy, and made NBC have a bad reputation during that time, and he's doing the same to CNN. I have heard many CNN employees were happy about his arrival. Did they not realize his time at NBCUniversal, and how disastrous it was?

Edited by Newsjunkie24
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahhh... Project Veritas... they of editing videos together out of context and calling it legitimate journalism? James O'Keefe is a con artist political activist with an axe to grind... If you are gonn

Trump losing the election is what finally shut him up.  The mainstream media is done with him and his followers will follow him to the fringes of the far-right.  Even Fox News sort of came to the

CNN is still on television, color me shocked! First time tuning to their channel in the past little while, and it's so refreshing to see such objective, non-biased reporting in their chyrons. (rolls e

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

The New York Times had an article about Zucker's fallout with Trump. AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson decided to keep him in 2018. People in the business gave two theories on why the network's so obsessed with Trump. One theory is that Zucker just wants anything outrageous for ratings. The 2nd theory is that he's just wanting to take him down.  It does mention that Zucker's never been a hard news person, and only cares about ratings, corporate success and trying to win. A former NBC exec said that Zucker's quench for ratings blinded him to the point of nonstop coverage. He said it's one thing if you have a thirst for ratings but it's entirely different for news. ABC exec Ben Sherwood on the other hand basically defended him talks about how he's a great man. I prefer the former's statement over the latter.

Ben Sherwood & Zucker cut from the same cloth. So I'm not surprise.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

As cringeworthy as the next 4 years could be if things remain status quo,  could CNN jump off the deep end again if we get "46" and CNN no longer needs to be a 24-7 fact-checking, Trump-bashing machine?

 

I'm sure COVID will be in the news for the next year or so if it finally starts to fade away (or be dealt with appropriately by the feds....)
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

 

I feel really bad for Brooke right now. I know Jake's very qualified for the job, but it looks like Brooke has no say in this whole thing. This seems possibly very shady.

 

They also mention Erin Burnett. Does she even do anything else besides anchoring OutFront or moderating debates on occasion? She seemed to do much more with CNBC compared to now on CNN.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The schedule for CNN from 11am to 4pm has changed with Kate Bolduan moving from 11am to 3pm.

 

It used to be:

11am: At This Hour (Kate Bolduan)

Noon: Inside Politics (John King)

1pm: Right Now (Brianna Keilar)

2-4pm: CNN Newsroom (Brooke Baldwin)

4pm: The Lead (Jake Tapper)

 

Now: (As of 10-5-20)

11am-1p: Inside Politics (John King)

1-3pm: Right Now (Brianna Keilar)

3pm: CNN Newsroom (Kate Bolduan

4pm: The Lead (Jake Tapper)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as daytime or US-centric, but Natalie Allen bid goodbye to CNN on Sunday after 20 years to begin reporting on climate change on her new venture. The timing seems so odd. Politics are clearly at the center of conversation at this time, but it'd really be amazing to have more CNN International-style Newsroom and programming return/increase. Not that the network has really done better with its polarizing nature, but the days of when Isha and Errol were regulars, which weren't even that long ago, already feel like last century. At this point, I'm just wondering when John Vause, Rosemary Church, or even George Howell are exiting. 

 

I really don't understand Brooke's demotion. She's been pretty much a staple at this point, and she explicitly said in an Instagram comment that her hiatus was not her choice, so I'm wondering if she might actually choose to leave as we move into the next year(s). I doubt Zucker is really this genuinely charitable, but I can understand wanting to nurture Brianna and Kate's profiles more, especially if they've recently been viral here and there with some of their moments on their shows.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Not as daytime or US-centric, but Natalie Allen bid goodbye to CNN on Sunday after 20 years to begin reporting on climate change on her new venture. The timing seems so odd. Politics are clearly at the center of conversation at this time, but it'd really be amazing to have more CNN International-style Newsroom and programming return/increase. Not that the network has really done better with its polarizing nature, but the days of when Isha and Errol were regulars, which weren't even that long ago, already feel like last century. At this point, I'm just wondering when John Vause, Rosemary Church, or even George Howell are exiting. 

 

I really don't understand Brooke's demotion. She's been pretty much a staple at this point, and she explicitly said in an Instagram comment that her hiatus was not her choice, so I'm wondering if she might actually choose to leave as we move into the next year(s). I doubt Zucker is really this genuinely charitable, but I can understand wanting to nurture Brianna and Kate's profiles more, especially if they've recently been viral here and there with some of their moments on their shows.

Natalie Allen was a big loss even for U.S. viewers. I was surprised John didn't leave after what happened with Isha, he loved LA. Sadly George already left CNN (though they still have his bio online),  George announced he was leaving CNN on February 29, 2020 and I don't blame him, similar to Isha he said he was dissatisfied with the direction CNN has gone, they were both tired of talking about trump and politics all day, everyday, non-stop while other stories were ignored. 

 

I feel bad for Brooke but I'm not surprised, no one is better at creating viral, click-bait, shareable moments than Kate (especially Kate) and Brianna. Brooke was once a great newsroom anchor and has sadly been forced to cover all this politics crap and it has essentially ruined her reputation which is why she won't be able to leave CNN, she's too associated with the network and its toxic format. 

 

Jeff Zucker is the problem at CNN/CNNI/HLN, he has single handedly ruined something that was once untouchable. The "politics as sports", constant breaking news, the spin, opinion, talk and biased pundits all while claiming to be impartial and "the most trusted name in news" is ridiculous. The never ending D.C. and NYC focus is exhausting, I live in the midwest and couldn't care less about what happens there. It's time to blow the network up and start over, all new anchors and a return to real news (what made CNN successful), and base broadcasts in Atlanta, NYC, LA and Washington (if needed). They created this toxic news cycle and broadcast style, they can certainly end it.

Jeff Zucker needs to go and should never be employed in broadcast media again. It's a shame AT&T can't see who he really is, or they just don't care. 

Just my two cents. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jrogo said:

Sadly George already left CNN (though they still have his bio online),  George announced he was leaving CNN on February 29, 2020 and I don't blame him, similar to Isha he said he was dissatisfied with the direction CNN has gone, they were both tired of talking about trump and politics all day, everyday, non-stop while other stories were ignored. 

Lol you can clearly see how much I watch CNN now. Thanks for letting me know. 

 

Yeah I always felt like the bombardment of coverage would really wear down genuine newsies like Isha if they weren't also political junkies like everyone has become. Newsroom hasn't been hitting the spot in ages and I'm sad about those who've left/are basically trying to escape the hell-hole that is US politics.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been watching more CNN over the last week with the crazy state of our nation at this time. Gotta say, the coverage is ridiculous no matter how deserved it might be. It’s become the trump news network and it’s beyond ridiculous how much time they dedicate to every single word he says.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jrogo said:

Natalie Allen was a big loss even for U.S. viewers. I was surprised John didn't leave after what happened with Isha, he loved LA. Sadly George already left CNN (though they still have his bio online),  George announced he was leaving CNN on February 29, 2020 and I don't blame him, similar to Isha he said he was dissatisfied with the direction CNN has gone, they were both tired of talking about trump and politics all day, everyday, non-stop while other stories were ignored. 

 

I feel bad for Brooke but I'm not surprised, no one is better at creating viral, click-bait, shareable moments than Kate (especially Kate) and Brianna. Brooke was once a great newsroom anchor and has sadly been forced to cover all this politics crap and it has essentially ruined her reputation which is why she won't be able to leave CNN, she's too associated with the network and its toxic format. 

 

Jeff Zucker is the problem at CNN/CNNI/HLN, he has single handedly ruined something that was once untouchable. The "politics as sports", constant breaking news, the spin, opinion, talk and biased pundits all while claiming to be impartial and "the most trusted name in news" is ridiculous. The never ending D.C. and NYC focus is exhausting, I live in the midwest and couldn't care less about what happens there. It's time to blow the network up and start over, all new anchors and a return to real news (what made CNN successful), and base broadcasts in Atlanta, NYC, LA and Washington (if needed). They created this toxic news cycle and broadcast style, they can certainly end it.

Jeff Zucker needs to go and should never be employed in broadcast media again. It's a shame AT&T can't see who he really is, or they just don't care. 

Just my two cents. 

 

 

I feel bad for Brooke. I think she has more longevity on CNN compared to Kate or Brianna.

 

I've said before that Zucker is the main problem with why CNN is going downhill. The whole yelling panels haven't worked. As for all new anchors, I would really hate to see staples like Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper leave, although Wolf will probably retire in 5 years or less. (he says he's not ready yet). I think Erin Burnett is better for financial news and always thought she was better at CNBC. I know many people think Jake Tapper should have been the permanent host for "This Week" 10 years ago. Chris Cuomo seems burned out but wants to stay at CNN. I'm not sure about what Don Lemmon would do, maybe anchor at MSNBC.  

 

I wish AT&T would realize that Zucker has ruined nearly everything he's touched in his career and force him to resign, but instead they let him run all of their sports broadcasting divisions too. I'm not sure if he's ruined those assets too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2020 at 2:49 PM, Newsjunkie24 said:

 

 

I feel bad for Brooke. I think she has more longevity on CNN compared to Kate or Brianna.

 

I've said before that Zucker is the main problem with why CNN is going downhill. The whole yelling panels haven't worked. As for all new anchors, I would really hate to see staples like Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper leave, although Wolf will probably retire in 5 years or less. (he says he's not ready yet). I think Erin Burnett is better for financial news and always thought she was better at CNBC. I know many people think Jake Tapper should have been the permanent host for "This Week" 10 years ago. Chris Cuomo seems burned out but wants to stay at CNN. I'm not sure about what Don Lemmon would do, maybe anchor at MSNBC.  

 

I wish AT&T would realize that Zucker has ruined nearly everything he's touched in his career and force him to resign, but instead they let him run all of their sports broadcasting divisions too. I'm not sure if he's ruined those assets too.

I honestly love Wolf and Anderson but I really wonder if they would be able to breakaway from the yelling panels, return to real news and drop the politics. Erin is/was better at business news. And let's be honest, Chris wouldn't have been moved to primetime if trump didn't win, he's good at arguing, yelling and hyping things up but that's what CNN wanted to increase ratings. I really like the people you mentioned but I don't know if they'll be able to return to real news. 

 

Zucker's got to go, the sports division is big money, only a matter of time before he ruins that.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jrogo said:

I honestly love Wolf and Anderson but I really wonder if they would be able to breakaway from the yelling panels, return to real news and drop the politics. Erin is/was better at business news. And let's be honest, Chris wouldn't have been moved to primetime if trump didn't win, he's good at arguing, yelling and hyping things up but that's what CNN wanted to increase ratings. I really like the people you mentioned but I don't know if they'll be able to return to real news. 

 

Zucker's got to go, the sports division is big money, only a matter of time before he ruins that.

 

Maybe if Zucker leaves, maybe the new CEO will fix all the problems he created.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

This is big.

 

 

 

 

I hope he leaves, but even better, he retires and never runs another media corporation ever again. I'm sure anyone can run CNN better. I hope the new CNN president fixes everything that Zucker messed up. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

 

 

I hope he leaves, but even better, he retires and never runs another media corporation ever again. I'm sure anyone can run CNN better. I hope the new CNN president fixes everything that Zucker messed up. 

I highly agree on that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 6:11 PM, MorningNews said:

I’ve been watching more CNN over the last week with the crazy state of our nation at this time. Gotta say, the coverage is ridiculous no matter how deserved it might be. It’s become the trump news network and it’s beyond ridiculous how much time they dedicate to every single word he says.

Politics aside, you'd have to admit the amount of cable news airtime Trump has had (especially on CNN & MSNBC) since 2015, is insane. 

 

Unfortunately, some viewers will eat that right up. Hopefully cable news, late night comedians, and comedy news hosts will diversify their content post Trump. 

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iron_lion said:

Politics aside, you'd have to admit the amount of cable news airtime Trump has had (especially on CNN & MSNBC) since 2015, is insane. 

 

Unfortunately, some viewers will eat that right up. Hopefully cable news, late night comedians, and comedy news hosts will diversify their content post Trump. 

 

We can only hope, right? Then again, even Trump refers to himself as “the golden goose” for these cable news networks.

 

It’s hard to leave the one that brung ya...

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump losing the election is what finally shut him up. 

The mainstream media is done with him and his followers will follow him to the fringes of the far-right.  Even Fox News sort of came to their senses by calling Arizona well before the rest of the media world.

 

As for CNN, it's going to be interesting.  Jeff Zucker threw down the gauntlet with endless coverage over a single subject starting with the missing plane, and we all know what came up next.

 

Well, at least we have the COVID mess for likely the next 6 months to keep CNN on their toes.  So sad it's come to this.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree (with the exception of maybe CNBC for Wall St coverage). These networks have gone off the deep end.

 

Asking to cut back on the 24/7 news cycle is basically asking to reverse time. Plus they bring in money so that wont happen. I suppose the most we can do at this point is improve what we already have.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, TVLurker said:

Actually, I would like for all cable news networks to go away...

 

They serve no logistical purpose other than to pollute the mainstream cycles with garbage and to blatantly grab for ratings. There is zero integrity with any of the news channels.

 

MSNBC if they can convert to the NBC News Channel maybe, but yeah; I said what I said.

 

Edited by iron_lion
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 10:23 AM, tyrannical bastard said:

Trump losing the election is what finally shut him up. 

The mainstream media is done with him and his followers will follow him to the fringes of the far-right.  Even Fox News sort of came to their senses by calling Arizona well before the rest of the media world.

 

As for CNN, it's going to be interesting.  Jeff Zucker threw down the gauntlet with endless coverage over a single subject starting with the missing plane, and we all know what came up next.

 

Well, at least we have the COVID mess for likely the next 6 months to keep CNN on their toes.  So sad it's come to this.

 

If Trump is convicted and imprisoned from his tax scandals from SDNY or the New York AG, his trial will garner nationwide (and possibly worldwide) attention. Cable news' ratings will rise from that.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

 

If Trump is convicted and imprisoned from his tax scandals from SDNY or the New York AG, his trial will garner nationwide (and possibly worldwide) attention. Cable news' ratings will rise from that.

 

I'm sure it's going to be on all channels every single day if it happens, just like O.J.'s trial.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.