CNN: The Continuing Soap Opera

Eat News

6 hours ago, Eat News said:

HLN still has some dignity left...and often beats the mother ship in ratings in many dayparts. HLN is the "escape pod" of CNN.

Dignity where? Endless repeats of forensic files?

• Like 2

With only 755,000 total prime time viewers, CNN averaged 184,000 demo viewers, which is down 36 percent from the comparable last week. CNN also fell 12 percent in total viewers compared to the same time last year.

The top ten cable networks for most prime time viewers are as follows:

1. Fox News (2,502,000)
  2. TNT (2,321,000)
  3. MSNBC (1,754,000)
  4. ESPN (1,579,000)
  5. HGTV (1,205,000)
  6. A&E (1,170,000)
  7. NBCSN (1,136,000)
  8. USA (1,040,000)
  9. History (1,015,000)
  10. TBS (1,015,000)

Source Nielsen Research 2019

Edited by Eat News
Rainbow Blaxx-Cha Cha M/V.. https://youtu.be/fKAi5cWHYDY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TVLurker said:

Damn... When MSNBC has higher ratings than CNN you know CNN has failed.

I guess TNT is the only thing separating the left from the right.

Does that mean TNT is "center"?

1. Fox News (2,502,000)
  2. TNT (2,321,000)
  3. MSNBC (1,754,000)

Everything now makes sense to me.

Edited by Eat News
"I'm driving the Pontiac tonight."
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Eat News said:

I guess TNT is the only thing separating the left from the right.

Does that mean TNT is "center"?

Nah, it's just NBA playoffs and finals time.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 1:42 AM, TVLurker said:

Damn... When MSNBC has higher ratings than CNN you know CNN has failed.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, MidwestTV said:

It's been that way for a while buddy.

And yet Zucker hasn't exactly made things better over at that network.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"The CNN Democratic Debates...

...From the "FOX" Theater in Detroit..."

You can't make this stuff up.

Edited by Eat News
[FULL ALBUM] ITZY(있지) - IT'z ICY .. https://youtu.be/PAHcU_sX9tU

2 hours ago, Eat News said:

"The CNN Democratic Debates...

...From the "FOX" Theater in Detroit..."

You can't make this stuff up.

Is this real life? 

CNN had a messy debate, Trevor Noah says it best:

Edited by tvtime07

16 minutes ago, ns8401 said:

Any relation to FOX real or imagined is coincidence... carry on...

The only relation is in the name...that Fox Theatre was one of the original 5 opened by William Fox himself way back in the day. Same William Fox that led Fox Film, which merged with Zanuck's company in '35, got bought by the Murdochs in the '80s, and got split and swallowed by Mickey in March.

• Eat News changed the title to The Suicide of CNN..Zucker Bias Confirmed

An undercover video released by Project Veritas on Monday shows a CNN staffer saying network president Jeff Zucker has a “personal vendetta” against President Donald Trump.

PART 1: CNN Insider Blows Whistle, Secretly Records Staff, Execs and Network President Jeff Zucker’s "Anti-Trump Crusade" and "Personal Vendetta" Against POTUS.

#ExposeCNN

Full video uploading now…sign up now to get each new tape first: https://t.co/kDe3HDdX2r pic.twitter.com/KKfaK6hvgW

— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) October 14, 2019

Edited by Eat News
The Trumpsman (The Kingsman Parody) .. https://youtu.be/9ZeGUqVZwzg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eat News said:

An undercover video released by Project Veritas on Monday shows a CNN staffer saying network president Jeff Zucker has a “personal vendetta” against President Donald Trump.

PART 1: CNN Insider Blows Whistle, Secretly Records Staff, Execs and Network President Jeff Zucker’s "Anti-Trump Crusade" and "Personal Vendetta" Against POTUS.

#ExposeCNN

Full video uploading now…sign up now to get each new tape first: https://t.co/kDe3HDdX2r pic.twitter.com/KKfaK6hvgW

— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) October 14, 2019

Ahhh... Project Veritas... they of editing videos together out of context and calling it legitimate journalism? James O'Keefe is a con artist political activist with an axe to grind... If you are gonna quote things... use some actual sources and not some guy with a website and a desire to see an agenda fulfilled... thanks.

Edited by ns8401
  • Like 9

• Eat News changed the title to The Suicide of CNN.."Goodbye Cruel World."

More Jeff Zucker News:  You can't have it your way slezzeball.  There are multiple reports that Jeff Zucker was trying to wheel in Stephanie Ruhle out of MSNBC- Rock Center to Hudson Yards.  Last checked: Stephanie is still with MSNBC and made the right choice to NOT head over to CNN.

Source: FTV  https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/10/18/jeff-zucker-tried-to-poach-msnbc-talent

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Brianna Keiler is anchoring "CNN Special Coverage" exclusively on HLN as they carry coverage of the impeachment inquiry and the Presidents news conference, HLN will also re-air the entire impeachment hearings tonight staring at 7pm Eastern. Seems like a good way to show off Brianna and all she can do. 

5 hours ago, hfiles said:

I wish HLN would do more non-political news as a contrast to CNN. Or that CNN would stop being so fixated on 24/7 Trump coverage.

HLN had a good thing going for it, (think where they were just 18 months ago) Carol and Michaela still had shows and they were fresh and added energy to the network, it worked until CNN decided it wasn't good enough. I know they recently gave Lynn and Mike new shows but the pivot they've taken towards crime news has really turned people away, Lynn and Mike will only last a year or 2 and they'll decided to "pivot" again. HLN needs a new owner and a new brand focused on what made them relevant in the first place, headlines and real, non-political news. I think a real Headline News channel still has a place in this country and people would watch given the choice. 

• 1 month later...

Anatomy of a death spiral, of the once proud CNN...

Just plain sad to see the network destroyed.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine/2019/12/31/cnn-is-not-a-news-network/?amp

Edited by Eat News
WJSN Cosmic Girls - Luckitty-cat .. https://youtu.be/ih1xaA4RRhk
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Concerned 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, hfiles said:

I wish HLN would do more non-political news as a contrast to CNN. Or that CNN would stop being so fixated on 24/7 Trump coverage.

MSNBC & Fox included! They aren't prizes either, but apparently obsessive and endless Trump coverage works in their favor compared to CNN. IMO It would be interesting to see a hard international focus on CNN compared to the America focused coverage on most US news media. 

Edited by iron_lion

• 2 months later...

For many years, I've been a fan of CNN. The past few years, not so much. Anderson Cooper, Jake Tapper, Erin Burnett, Chris Cuomo, and Wolf Blitzer are all good anchors, but I think that Jeff Zucker has ruined he channel. The politics as sport strategy has not been working for them, and I think that's why MSNBC is beating them fairly good in the ratings. I think that by putting in a new executive and abandoning the talking head panels, they could probably be competitive again with FOX and MSNBC. When Soledad O'Brien criticizes you frequently, you can tell something's very wrong with how your channel is run. MSNBC is a much better network for news than CNN. CNN shouldn't be this unwatchable. 

• 24994J changed the title to CNN: The Continuing Soap Opera