Jump to content

The Suicide of CNN.."Goodbye Cruel World."


Eat News

Recommended Posts

On 8/18/2022 at 1:47 PM, TheRob said:

 

About a two years ago I though CNN was hopeless and done for, then a few rays of light in the post Zucker era. Will CNN finally be great again? Don't want to get my hopes up because the 2024 election is right around the corner so CNN might go back to non stop Trump coverage mode.

 

Never forget when Ted Koppel told Brian Stelter the reality of what CNN had become:

 

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2022 at 7:36 PM, CLETVFan said:

Chris Licht is obviously cleaning house.  It is not a surprise that Brian wasn't going to last under new management.

Let us hope that Don Lemon and Oliver Darcy would be next to get the sack.....but, then again, I'm not going to hold my breath for that one.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, detroiter313 said:

Let us hope that Don Lemon and Oliver Darcy would be next to get the sack.....but, then again, I'm not going to hold my breath for that one.

 

On the TVNT Discord, there was a post shared from TheWrap that Lemon and Jim Acosta are staying put, for now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And we have problems already. Muslim groups are sounding alarm bells over CNN hiring John Miller as its chief law enforcement and intelligence analyst.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/muslim-groups-slam-cnn-for-hiring-ex-nypd-official-john-miller/

 

Miller, a former NYPD official, "told the City Council earlier this year that the department never engaged in illegal surveillance of Muslim Americans after 9/11." Contrary to what he said, the department acknowledged that they did engage in said illegal surveillance (which was the subject of a Pulitzer Prize-winning report from the Associated Press in 2011) following the events of 9/11, with New York City Mayor and retired NYPD captain Eric Adams saying, "What we did was wrong." It also admitted that the program did not produce any leads to a terrorist plot. Yet, even after those, he continually refused to admit that there was any wrongdoing by the NYPD.

 

Thus, Muslim Advocates have called CNN's hiring of Miller "a cruel joke" and are convinced Miller will pick up from where he left off and continue to "propagandize on behalf of law enforcement and dismiss clear discrimination against Muslims and other marginalized communities."

Edited by DJonNews
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DJonNews said:

And we have problems already. Muslim groups are sounding alarm bells over CNN hiring John Miller as its chief law enforcement and intelligence analyst.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/08/muslim-groups-slam-cnn-for-hiring-ex-nypd-official-john-miller/

 

Miller, a former NYPD official, "told the City Council earlier this year that the department never engaged in illegal surveillance of Muslim Americans after 9/11." Contrary to what he said, the department acknowledged that they did engage in said illegal surveillance (which was the subject of a Pulitzer Prize-winning report from the Associated Press in 2011) following the events of 9/11, with New York City Mayor and retired NYPD captain Eric Adams saying, "What we did was wrong." It also admitted that the program did not produce any leads to a terrorist plot. Yet, even after those, he continually refused to admit that there was any wrongdoing by the NYPD.

 

Thus, Muslim Advocates have called CNN's hiring of Miller "a cruel joke" and are convinced Miller will pick up from where he left off and continue to "propagandize on behalf of law enforcement and dismiss clear discrimination against Muslims and other marginalized communities."

From a purely journalistic standpoint, this is a serious issue. However, I don’t think it will do much to negatively impact CNN here. While the stigma against Muslims in this country has decreased somewhat, news outlets of every sort still have a level of deference toward national security analysts. I’m personally not a fan of having that much deference, but that’s the status quo across every American news outlet, for better or worse.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What did CNN have before American Morning? 

 

Personally CNN should just stick to hard news in the morning, maybe with an international slant. Whether that would be competitive with Morning Joe or Fox & Friends remains to be seen. Hopefully whatever they try isn't as opinionated as New Day. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

What did CNN have before American Morning? 

 

Personally CNN should just stick to hard news in the morning, maybe with an international slant. Whether that would be competitive with Morning Joe or Fox & Friends remains to be seen. Hopefully whatever they try isn't as opinionated as New Day. 


They had Early Edition and CNN Live This Morning.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the last 4 weeks of the midterms (October 10-November 8), Jake Tapper will be anchoring the 9pm hour with Laura Coates and Alisyn Camerota co-anchoring two hours at 10pm.  At the same time, John Berman and Brianna Keilar will be leaving New Day to co-anchor Tapper’s show, The Lead.

 

No word on if these moves are permanent but I’ll be shocked if they’re not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the new schedule:

 

CNN Special Midterm Election Programming Schedule:

4pm-5pm ET: The Lead, anchored by John Berman/Brianna Keilar

5pm-7pm ET: The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer

7pm-8pm ET: Erin Burnett OutFront

8pm-9pm ET: Anderson Cooper 360

9pm ET: CNN Tonight, Jake Tapper

10pm-12am ET: CNN Tonight, Alisyn Camerota and Laura Coates

 

Don Lemon and Poppy Harlow will sign off their respective programs on Friday, October 7th to begin work on the network’s new morning news show launching later this year. Both will continue to appear across the network until then. Fill-in hosts for other programs will be announced in the coming days.

 

It'll be interesting if some of this sticks after the midterms, if so its going to be a complete schedule shake up. I'm glad they gave Wolf an extra hour and left Erin and Anderson alone, for now. 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.