CNN: The Continuing Soap Opera

Eat News

4 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

If Trump is convicted and imprisoned from his tax scandals from SDNY or the New York AG, his trial will garner nationwide (and possibly worldwide) attention. Cable news' ratings will rise from that.

1 hour ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I'm sure it's going to be on all channels every single day if it happens, just like O.J.'s trial.

I'll bet the Trump trial ratings will make the OJ trial look like it aired on NBC in the Fred Silverman era... or (to tie to this thread) the Jeff Zucker era.

• Like 1

“I think a lot of people will be devastated if he does leave the network, and are concerned that you won’t be able to find someone with his leadership style to fill that role.” 

Exactly what style of "leadership" does he provide? Outside of NYC what employees will be sad to see him go? If CNN returns to news after the mess he's created, that will be a welcomed change. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrogo said:

“I think a lot of people will be devastated if he does leave the network, and are concerned that you won’t be able to find someone with his leadership style to fill that role.” 

Exactly what style of "leadership" does he provide? Outside of NYC what employees will be sad to see him go? If CNN returns to news after the mess he's created, that will be a welcomed change. 

I just don't see any CNN employees liking his style. I'd be embarrassed to work under a guy like him.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

I wonder what will now be shown on TV's where the CNN Airport Network used to air?

Talked about this on the Discord, and I'll share it here. Nexstar could launch an airport network consisting of NewsNation content (live broadcasts, highlights from the show, national travel forecasts, NewsNation Now, and the soon-to-be-launched Banfield) and local content (live newscasts, local forecasts, and other local programming) from the Nexstar station in the airport's DMA.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 5

On 1/13/2021 at 6:21 AM, Georgie56 said:

Talked about this on the Discord, and I'll share it here. Nexstar could launch an airport network consisting of NewsNation content (live broadcasts, highlights from the show, national travel forecasts, NewsNation Now, and the soon-to-be-launched Banfield) and local content (live newscasts, local forecasts, and other local programming) from the Nexstar station in the airport's DMA.

One problem... I live in a market where Nexstar doesn't exist so MIA, FTL and even PBI (Palm Beach) will have nothing. In fact, the closest airport that could see something like this is TPA (Tampa Bay).

On 1/13/2021 at 6:21 AM, Georgie56 said:

CNN is shutting down its airport network because people don't pay attention to it. Many airports offer free Wi-Fi now so travelers are watching what they want on their devices. I imagine the days of an airport news network like that are over. People have other entertainment options that they didn't have before, and the idea of such is a network seems obsolete now.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's premature to say it's it's confirmed that he'll be gone at the end of the year. This is his exact quote: "So, as a result, I am going to stay and finish my current contract — which, as I said, will keep me here until the end of this year. At that point, I do expect to move on." Saying he expects to move on isn't the same as saying he will move on. Is it likely? Seems like it, but he does appear to be leaving some wiggle room to stay on longer if he decides to.

8 hours ago, ScottJ said:

It's premature to say it's it's confirmed that he'll be gone at the end of the year. This is his exact quote: "So, as a result, I am going to stay and finish my current contract — which, as I said, will keep me here until the end of this year. At that point, I do expect to move on." Saying he expects to move on isn't the same as saying he will move on. Is it likely? Seems like it, but he does appear to be leaving some wiggle room to stay on longer if he decides to.

Given CNN is coming off its best January ever (in some metrics), I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays on another year or two if things continue in that direction.

Edited by jase

• 2 weeks later...

As originally shared in the other CNN thread, Brianna and Alisyn are also rumored to be doing a switcharoo, so I'm left wondering how that will affect the new weekday lineup as well. As of now, this leaves Poppy/Jim and Kate's "Newsroom" slots untouched, in addition to John King's noontime IP thing.

As for the weekends, if Ana is moved to weekdays, then we finally know where Jim Acosta's going (and it's most likely going to be basically a Jim version of Situation Room). And I'm also wondering who will join New Day Weekend with Christi? I can't remember exactly who filled in on the holidays, but I believe it was John Avlon. I think he, Laura Coates, or Erica Hill would fit the role, despite their current weekday assignments (just to name a few). Only reason I'm not saying Abby Phillip is she's busy with IP Sundays and I don't know if they'd ask her to do New Day right on top of it? 

• 24994J changed the title to CNN: The Continuing Soap Opera