CNN: The Continuing Soap Opera

Eat News

This has become too painful to witness.

The once mighty CNN degrades it's product to the lowest of the low.

And people wonder why CNN is called "fake news"?

Here is why...

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/28/cnn-credibly-accused-of-lying-to-its-audience-about-a-key-claim-in-its-blockbuster-cohen-story-refuses-to-comment/

Now I "get" that CNN wants to be the network to "Bring down Trump", but it will never happen because CNN has destroyed it's own brand...that BRAND was credibility.

CNN is done as a legit news org. Nobody can save CNN now. Just like the catholic church it needs to be torn down for good...and then MAYBE rebuilt from scratch.

The only saving grace is that hardly anybody (less than 250,000 viewers per week) watch CNN. More people last week watched Rick and Morty (pretty funny show) on Cartoon Swim.

Like watching a good friend commit suicide in front of you...

Good Bye CNN.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

There goes that KBEX-TV "EatNews One"....

whoooooosh!

1338937358_Eatnewsone.jpg.7d32c1bde843d9046ae09856b11de586.jpg

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Here is why...

https://theintercept.com/2018/08/28/cnn-credibly-accused-of-lying-to-its-audience-about-a-key-claim-in-its-blockbuster-cohen-story-refuses-to-comment/

Now I "get" that CNN wants to be the network to "Bring down Trump", but it will never happen because CNN has destroyed it's own brand...that BRAND was credibility.

CNN is done as a legit news org. Nobody can save CNN now. Just like the catholic church it needs to be torn down for good...and then MAYBE rebuilt from scratch.

The only saving grace is that hardly anybody (less than 250,000 viewers per week) watch CNN. More people last week watched Rick and Morty (pretty funny show) on Cartoon Swim.

Good Bye CNN.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

whoooooosh!

[ATTACH=full]6407[/ATTACH]

They’ve joined FOX then as a non legit news org. which should be an honor as highly rated as FOX is...

I won’t expect a reply though... when I point out how much of a joke FOX is you go silent running...

• Confused 1

Here is why...

Good Bye CNN.

whoooooosh!

[ATTACH=full]6407[/ATTACH]

Amen to that Eat News. I think CNN realizes that people don't watch TV for news anymore, they get it all from the internet. That's why they've basically become MSNBC 2. So don't blame Jeff Zucker for CNN's downward spiral, blame progress.

• Like 1

They’ve joined FOX then as a non legit news org. which should be an honor as highly rated as FOX is...

I won’t expect a reply though... when I point out how much of a joke FOX is you go silent running...

When have I ever run away silent from debate here????

NEVER!

FOX has ratings that reflect it's ability to attract an audience.

it's all about money.

Forget the politics because it's OK if you hate Trump.

But FOX is #1 with waaaay more people.

FOX gained audience last quarter while CNN's viewers continue to RUN away.

Hating Trump has destroyed CNN.

Otherwise democratic viewers would be watching CNN by the millions.

TV is a business first.

CNN is dying right before our eyes.

Go hug your children.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I will be happy to debate you or anyone else at any time....anywhere.

All I ask is that you come armed with verifiable FACTS and not a bunch of talking points or emotional garbage. I would expect you to also have a very deep knowledge of the subject including all relevent players and legal scenarios currently being discussed by the pointy bearded university types.

Anytime...anywhere.

I look forward to your invitation.

~Chuu

These goes that stupid KBEX airplane....AGAIN!

608284154_Eatnewsone.jpg.d412af51f6aa820c4f9479b05f4c6504.jpg

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Last week I found myself watching CNN’s coverage of the Reagan assassination, the space shuttle Challenger disaster and Desert Storm coverage on YouTube. It was what real journalism was... and should be today. Just straight reporting. FOX, MSNBC and CNN today are not news operations anymore. They are opinion channels. It’s a shame. Good reporting about world events is much more riveting to watch than a Brady Bunch split screen with six talking heads blabbering on and on about what the weird haired man posted on twitter today.

Hopefully these “news” nets find their way back to reporting the news again... but I’m not gonna hold my breath for that.

• Like 6

Last week I found myself watching CNN’s coverage of the Reagan assassination, the space shuttle Challenger disaster and Desert Storm coverage on YouTube. It was what real journalism was... and should be today. Just straight reporting. FOX, MSNBC and CNN today are not news operations anymore. They are opinion channels. It’s a shame. Good reporting about world events is much more riveting to watch than a Brady Bunch split screen with six talking heads blabbering on and on about what the weird haired man posted on twitter today.

Hopefully these “news” nets find their way back to reporting the news again... but I’m not gonna hold my breath for that.

Blame the internet.

We don't have a domestic news channel anymore. They are all talk radio and inside baseball.

CNN is shameless in how much of a ratings grab it's become. It is sad because of how great CNN used to be. CNN International still has some bright spots coming from Atlanta and London, and they still have a pretty great stable of correspondents. But you'll almost never see any of that on the domestic channel.

CNN was always the dream for me professionally. Not so much anymore.

• Like 9

We don't have a domestic news channel anymore. They are all talk radio and inside baseball.

CNN is shameless in how much of a ratings grab it's become. It is sad because of how great CNN used to be. CNN International still has some bright spots coming from Atlanta and London, and they still have a pretty great stable of correspondents. But you'll almost never see any of that on the domestic channel.

I've enjoyed Newsy somewhat since it carries any lack of political talk. Same with CBSN.

Even RT America is more of a news channel than CNN is!

• Like 2

CNN, like all of cable news, is an entertainment product at it's core. Why do you think CNN went with wall-to-wall coverage of that missing plane? Cable news is there to make money; the most money possible. All-day coverage of the president's tweets is what they believe will make them the most money, so that's what they cover.

• Like 4

Amen to that Eat News. I think CNN realizes that people don't watch TV for news anymore, they get it all from the internet. That's why they've basically become MSNBC 2. So don't blame Jeff Zucker for CNN's downward spiral, blame progress.

Why not blame Jeff Zucker? He's the one at the helm of the network. Ever since he took over he did turn CNN into a reality show cable news. The last few days Maddow/O'Donnell/Williams had big wins last week and Lemon won a slot on CNN.

You can be mad at what they're doing, but in 2018 and beyond. All these exectives at every network don't care about journalism. They care about $$$ revenue and what good for their shareholders. Remember Jeff Zucker & Trump were friends. Don't know how that friendship is today, and the same with Mika & Joe were friends with Trump, and now they hate him. Well, Zucker, Mika & Joe should hate themselves while they're at it.

At the end of the day it business as usual, and we live in a different era with the internet, everybody rushing to post something on social media for the clicks. When CNN was the loneranger in the early days. If there were social media/internet around 1990 & 1991, who knows how local/network/cable news would be back then. I agree journalism is gone, and yes CNN used to be the gold standard, but that the past. We can hem and haw about what used to be, but those that should be held accountable executives, producers and more. Again, remember these cable outlets are owned by corporations, and look at FOX NEWS. There no journalist bone of intergery in their news, they know how to cater to an audience (use tactics of fear), but they make a boatload of money in the process. Will it change? Who knows?

• Like 1

And yet they (CNN) still run the promos constantly saying they're the "Most Trusted Name in News..."

They actually think people believe that? I get the whole money revenue aspect here, but come on. You can't possibly think a majority people buy into that in this day and age. Everyone is guilty of bias, not passing the buck on any cable channel here, but it is very idiotic to see CNN still running these spots and then going on entertainment coverage 24 hours a day. Even on their daytime blocks which are supposed to be filled with news affecting this country, the times that I tune into CNN or MSNBC, it is always Brooke Baldwin blabbing about something to do with politics or breaking down and crying over a mean word someone said. FOX is not perfect either, yes they have their biases totally as well during daytime news blocks, but I see much more emphasis on news during their midday blocks. Evenings, forget about it for any channel, that is the time for the opinions to shine... let them have that time to speak their mind. Have at it, attack on another with clearly marked opinion commentary. Maybe throw in a news break here in there like FNC does (in all fairness I am not sure if CNN or MSNBC or any other cable channel does that news break, but please let me know if they do.) In the daytime when news should be superior, it is not for CNN from what I have seen.

You continuously blast the other side pretty much 24 hours a day for the past 3 years, then get a 180 character "Tweet" and flip out wondering why you are always the target? You don't have to agree with the other side, that is fine. But constantly attacking, trying to de-legitimize people, and literally creating fake news is not gonna get you praise. Yelling pointless questions up a 2 story building during a potentially tense meeting/negotiations between a hostile country isn't helping your point. Having a fit on television isn't getting your point.... just laughing stock of the internet maybe. Who knows, maybe people will actually change your opinion of you if you change your ways... oh wait you've already fell off the cliff too long ago...

I used to want to work in the media, and a certain person might remember that here. How my eyes have opened up to this sad state of television. There are many other factors why I have also changed my mind, don't get me wrong, but this has got to be a big part.

• Like 2

I will be happy to debate you or anyone else at any time....anywhere.

All I ask is that you come armed with verifiable FACTS and not a bunch of talking points or emotional garbage. I would expect you to also have a very deep knowledge of the subject including all relevent players and legal scenarios currently being discussed by the pointy bearded university types.

Anytime...anywhere.

I look forward to your invitation.

~Chuu

These goes that stupid KBEX airplane....AGAIN!

[ATTACH=full]6408[/ATTACH]

I’m game...

I’ll let you name the place and time...

• Like 2

people want news that fits their bias, one way or another

The Sunday morning media shows aren’t even that good anymore. Reliable Sources on CNN has become nonstop apologizing for the media’s mistakes and endless Fox-bashing. MediaBuzz on FNC has become CNN-bashing and defending Trump’s media-bashing.

I watched Reliable thinking I would get real insight into how the media works. I was wrong.

• Like 1

In this situation, it's not exactly clear if CNN is solely at fault for this. The Intercept article notes that their source wasn't the most reliable in the first place.

But there’s an entirely separate, and more significant, question about CNN’s behavior here; namely, the very specific claim they made about their sourcing for that blockbuster story. Last night, BuzzFeed reported that Davis explicitly confessed that he was one of the anonymous sources for CNN’s July 26 story, just as he was for the stories from the Washington Post and the New York Post. Last week, CNN put Davis on the air with Anderson Cooper to deny that he was the source for that CNN story – a denial Cooper did not contest – but Davis now admits he was one of CNN’s sources, if not their main source.

Yet remarkably, CNN, in its July 26 story, specificaly claimed that Davis refused to talk to CNN about the story or provide any comment whatsoever. Only one of two things can be true here, and either is extremely significant: (1) CNN deliberately lied to its audience about Davis refusing to comment on the story when, in fact, Davis was one of the anonymous sources on which the CNN report depended, and CNN claimed Davis refused to comment in order to hide Davis’ identity as one of their anonymous sources; or (2) Davis is lying now to BuzzFeed when he confessed to having been one of CNN’s sources for the story.

If CNN lied about Davis having refused comment (when, in fact, he was one of their anonymous sources), then this is obviously a major journalism scandal. If, by contrast, Davis – who has been treated by the U.S. media as a reliable source despite decades of lying (and who leveraged that treatment to raise more than $150,000 in a GoFundMe “Truth Fund” campaign for Cohen to pay Davis) – is lying about having spoken to CNN about the July 26 report, that is also a major story.

In essence, CNN should have used a better source than Lanny Davis, if he has such a history of lying in public statements ...and now what credibility it had has been jeopardized, because they trusted Davis when they should have verified instead of just trusting.

• Like 3

the demographic that grew up with "fake news"

It's not like that demo is not counted.

FACT :It's also a demo that is growing, and as you all know people tend to become more conservative as they grow older...and wish to keep the money they have earned.

Ding the demo all you want. but that demo votes and spends a heck of a lot of money on all kinds of stuff.

That's why FOX is Number one...across the board in all the demos.

CNN and MSNBC can only wish...

• Confused 1

ns8401 said:

I'm not sitting back and allowing anyone to call me out and tell lies.

Better yet.

I know exactly what I will do with him...

(pop-click-whirrrrr)

Problem solved.

Edited by Eat News
https://youtu.be/dqDopY5dMD8
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

• Eat News changed the title to The Suicide of CNN.."Goodbye Cruel World."
  • 24994J changed the title to CNN: The Continuing Soap Opera