WTVD New Graphics, Set?

24994J

I was going to ask if ABC standardizes graphics across their eight stations. I was in Danbury, CT, this weekend for my nephew's birthday party and had a chance to watch all of the NYC stations as that's what the hotel had. I found WABC's graphics to be somewhat cheap-looking, and the particular shade of blue used as a background on a lot of them looks like it might be the exact blue Microsoft used to have on the Windows "blue screen of death"...which is probably not what was intended. ;) Basically, WTVD's new graphics look much better.

I think someone here said that they were considering hubbing graphics. They’re hubbing master control for cost savings and probably having one group wide graphics package will save a lot of money. Most of these packages are outsourced and that costs a significant amount of money.

Ive rewatched the 4PM rehearsal from the city side set and it appears when they do weather outside that they point a camera through the glass window? Is that there typical setup or do they normally set up a camera outside. They were shooting the through the window at the angle, you got the glare and reflection of the camera.

If they shot through the glass would positioning the camera perpendicular to the window reduce the glare and reflection? I’m thinking of this like how a teleprompter is setup the camera lens is perpendicular to the oneway mirror.

Archived