Andy Lack on the way out at NBC?

Georgie56

Just to be honest with you, this will be the reason why NBC is suffering the lowest ratings in the history of network television. My prediction is for Megyn to get the axe while Hoda and Savannah to part ways with the network. (I’m guessing ABC for Savannah so please apologize for any of this memo)

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/27/nbc-news-chairman-andy-lack-could-be-on-the-chopping-block/?_ga=2.71317467.937634399.1535456078-870457080.1525776785

Just to be honest with you, this will be the reason why NBC is suffering the lowest ratings in the history of network television. My prediction is for Megyn to get the axe while Hoda and Savannah to part ways with the network. (I’m guessing ABC for Savannah so please apologize for any of this memo)

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/27/nbc-news-chairman-andy-lack-could-be-on-the-chopping-block/?_ga=2.71317467.937634399.1535456078-870457080.1525776785

Is this a joke? Today is doing extraordinary well. It's best in years with Savannah and Hoda at the helm

, this will be the reason why NBC is suffering the lowest ratings in the history of network television.

That is not true at all! way over exaggerated

Low to mid 4 million viewers a day is what TODAY Show ratings were like during the Jane Pauley and Bryant Gumbel era same with GMA. Also Ratings (same for CBS and ABC) always drop during the Summer then go back up in the fall but ALL THREE Morning Shows Ratings are down year over year. They have all lost viewers especially CBS. NBC has lost some viewers after Matt dismissal which was expected but it has held steady for the most part. Better then cBS.

There was a point not that long ago where Today averaged over 6.5 million and pushing to 7 million every morning. It's insane to see how much they've fallen.

Yeah 20 years ago! That not "Not that long ago" They haven't gotten those kind of numbers since Katie Couric left. And it was only time they got those kind of numbers nit including the Olympics

Yeah 20 years ago! That not "Not that long ago" They haven't gotten those kind of numbers since Katie Couric left. And it was only time they got those kind of numbers nit including the Olympics

Those viewers are gone and not coming back. There's no reason to compare that far in the past to the present.

Those viewers are gone and not coming back. There's no reason to compare that far in the past to the present.

I wasn't. I didn't compare anything. You are quoting the wrong person. And of course TODAY Show will never get those kind of Numbers again.

It hasn't even been 20 years since Katie left Today, so chill out. Today averaged 5.5 - 6 million viewers with Meredith Vieira there and even that wasn't 10 years ago. I wasn't suggesting that those numbers were possible today, I was simply stating that it's incredible how far the viewership has fallen in a short period of time. 5 years in the grand scheme of a nearly 70 year old program is a very short time.

It hasn't even been 20 years since Katie left Today, so chill out. Today averaged 5.5 - 6 million viewers with Meredith Vieira there and even that wasn't 10 years ago. I wasn't suggesting that those numbers were possible today, I was simply stating that it's incredible how far the viewership has fallen in a short period of time. 5 years in the grand scheme of a nearly 70 year old program is a very short time.

So what did a :30 commercial cost on Today 20 years ago?

How much does it cost in 2018 for the same national commercial spot?

In the end...

It's what you billed...not what the rating was.

Shareholders could care less about ratings...they only care about profit and loss.

Archived