New Moderators and Other News!

Hello everyone! I have some very exciting news items I would like to share with you all. [B][SIZE=6]New Moderators:[/SIZE][/B] As communities like ours grow, it becomes more and more important to make sure that there are adequate resources available to make sure everyone is playing nice and staying within our [URL='https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/welcome-to-tvnewstalk-net-rules-and-information.6219/']site rules[/URL]. It's been a long time coming, but I'm happy to announce we now have four new moderators who have graciously volunteered their time and service to help keep our community in order. These four site members are well-known in our community and have made their impact over the course of many years. Several have also helped countless times by reporting problems to me, when I may not have noticed otherwise. The new moderaton team consists of: @24994J @CircleSeven @Ramona @rkolsen Their powers are active across the site, and they have already begun helping keep our forum tidy and orderly. Remember, any time you see something on the site you think is against the rules, click on the "Report" button, and a notice will be dispatched to all our moderators and administrators, and someone will follow up on it ASAP. [B][SIZE=6]Site Upgrades:[/SIZE][/B] Over the next few weeks, I will be working on a large project to upgrade the site to new software. While details are not final yet, it's looking like this will involve a switch back to [URL='https://invisioncommunity.com']Invision Community[/URL], the software we were on prior to the current software (XenForo.) Since leaving Invision, it has made several improvements and changes that I feel work best for our community. I mention this because, regardless of whether we stay on XenForo and upgrade to the latest version or switch to Invision Community, there will be some minor changes in the way the site functions, and a new look and feel to boot. I just wanted to get it out there that things will be changing. Currently, I'm hoping this project will be complete by mid to late September. As for new features you can expect on the upgraded site... Two words: Emoji. Support. In addition, there will likely be periods of downtime leading up to the switch. Most likely, these will happen on the weekends in the late evening. I'd also like to thank everyone who hasn't blocked the advertisements on the site because they are one reason this upgrade is happening. I'm not sure I would be able to afford it out of pocket. Thank you! -Weeters

Earlier today I was wondering why @rkolsen and not @Weeters had closed a thread in the Breakroom for breaking site rules; I remember thinking, "Wait, are there new mods or something?" Anyway, I for one welcome our new overlords. Congratulations, and best of luck to you all in keeping this site's house in order.

Board by the way but glad to see some recognition due for the moderation team.

I think the term "Moderation Team" is a bit tired.

How about "Action Moderators"...or "Your Fargo Moderating Home Team on Your Side."

Will the new moderators be armed?

Kudos to the new mods! This site has definitely evolved since I joined (showing age here) 15 years ago. Again, congratulations

I've been lurking for 16 years and a poster for 8, so I definitely feel the evolution. I'm glad to be here and helping keep TVNT running well.

I've been lurking for 16 years and a poster for 8, so I definitely feel the evolution. I'm glad to be here and helping keep TVNT running well.

Congrats to you and to rkolsen, and to 2994j and to CircleSeven for being added to the moderator team, y'all will do a great job in keeping TVNT clean and tidy

[quote name='Weeters']Hello everyone! I have some very exciting news items I would like to share with you all. [B][SIZE=6]New Moderators:[/SIZE][/B] As communities like ours grow, it becomes more and more important to make sure that there are adequate resources available to make sure everyone is playing nice and staying within our [URL='https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/index.php?threads/welcome-to-tvnewstalk-net-rules-and-information.6219/']site rules[/URL]. It's been a long time coming, but I'm happy to announce we now have four new moderators who have graciously volunteered their time and service to help keep our community in order. These four site members are well-known in our community and have made their impact over the course of many years. Several have also helped countless times by reporting problems to me, when I may not have noticed otherwise. The new moderaton team consists of: @24994J @CircleSeven @Ramona @rkolsen Their powers are active across the site, and they have already begun helping keep our forum tidy and orderly. Remember, any time you see something on the site you think is against the rules, click on the "Report" button, and a notice will be dispatched to all our moderators and administrators, and someone will follow up on it ASAP. [B][SIZE=6]Site Upgrades:[/SIZE][/B] Over the next few weeks, I will be working on a large project to upgrade the site to new software. While details are not final yet, it's looking like this will involve a switch back to [URL='https://invisioncommunity.com']Invision Community[/URL], the software we were on prior to the current software (XenForo.) Since leaving Invision, it has made several improvements and changes that I feel work best for our community. I mention this because, regardless of whether we stay on XenForo and upgrade to the latest version or switch to Invision Community, there will be some minor changes in the way the site functions, and a new look and feel to boot. I just wanted to get it out there that things will be changing. Currently, I'm hoping this project will be complete by mid to late September. As for new features you can expect on the upgraded site... Two words: Emoji. Support. In addition, there will likely be periods of downtime leading up to the switch. Most likely, these will happen on the weekends in the late evening. I'd also like to thank everyone who hasn't blocked the advertisements on the site because they are one reason this upgrade is happening. I'm not sure I would be able to afford it out of pocket. Thank you! -Weeters[/QUOTE] Congrats, @24994J @CircleSeven @Ramona @rkolsen I've only been here for a few months but I enjoy the community, and I'm sure you'll all keep it enjoyable!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived