Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Georgie56

The Definitive Fox Sports Thread

For right now in this thread it'll include the Fox Regional Sports Networks (since they're still owned by Fox) but once the sale of the RSNs goes through and its finalized and the transaction is completed then there will need to be a separate thread from this thread for the RSNs but more on that one later.

Anyway, while it's interesting to see the Fox network (instead of FS1) airing the Truck race last night at Bristol Motor Speedway however, I think this is the beginnings of the New Fox era, I think we will see more live sports events being migrated over to the Fox network which leads me to wonder what will happen to FS1 under New Fox?

• Like 2

For right now in this thread it'll include the Fox Regional Sports Networks (since they're still owned by Fox) but once the sale of the RSNs goes through and its finalized and the transaction is completed then there will need to be a separate thread from this thread for the RSNs but more on that one later.

Anyway, while it's interesting to see the Fox network (instead of FS1) airing the Truck race last night at Bristol Motor Speedway however, I think this is the beginnings of the New Fox era, I think we will see more live sports events being migrated over to the Fox network which leads me to wonder what will happen to FS1 under New Fox?

Probably more programing on FS1 as well (including live sports).

• Like 6

When you see it...

Is it just me or does it look like the graphics seen on NBC's Olympics Coverage?

• Like 1

Off-model NBC graphics. Makes sense, given that this is an anthology (Red Bull Signature Series) that you usually see on NBC.

Also I mentioned this earlier on the NFL thread, but we got our first glimpse at the Fox TNF logo

9eRLRlv.png

It looks like the previous one, except mixed with the black/yellow of Fox's NFL branding. The fonts definitely look better too.

Off-model NBC graphics. Makes sense, given that this is an anthology (Red Bull Signature Series) that you usually see on NBC.

Also I mentioned this earlier on the NFL thread, but we got our first glimpse at the Fox TNF logo

9eRLRlv.png

It looks like the previous one, except mixed with the black/yellow of Fox's NFL branding. The fonts definitely look better too.

I did see this in a TV ad during a FS1 game some weeks ago, so not bad with the slightly refreshed logo...we'll see what graphics they bring to the table. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the current FS scoreboard complemented with the FOX and NFLN logos in the top-right corner.

I did see this in a TV ad during a FS1 game some weeks ago, so not bad with the slightly refreshed logo...we'll see what graphics they bring to the table. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the current FS scoreboard complemented with the FOX and NFLN logos in the top-right corner.

No, I’m sure it’ll be a derivative of the current Fox Sports graphics, like NBC and CBS TNF’s graphics were.

• Like 1

They have been running a promo saying "Coming Week 4" for TNF on Fox. Next two games will still be on NFLN, and the teams playing "home" affiliates.

• Like 2

I was watching a CONCACAF Women's Championship soccer match on FS2 and it suddenly (and against the schedule shown on COX Cable) went over to FS1 with about an hour left of a block on FS2. Things like that annoy me. What if the reverse happened?

That said, I do watch much more on FS than ESPN these days.

Smart move would have been to keep it on FS2 until completion and simulcast it on FS1. Surely they didn't have anything better planned for tonight on FS2 afterwards, right?

• Like 2

Well, that confirms what we all knew was coming. Hopefully the new broadcasters won't get in a brawl in the broadcast booth.

There’s embarrassing, explicit video circulating online of Charissa Thompson today. I won’t link to it or describe what’s in it because it’s that bad.

I haven’t watched it, and I encourage you to do the same.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

There’s embarrassing, explicit video circulating online of Charissa Thompson today. I won’t link to it or describe what’s in it because it’s that bad.

I haven’t watched it, and I encourage you to do the same.

I've read about it now that it's looped around enough, but what truly will be interesting is how Fox responds to this. Don't want to go too much in depth, but this slightly reminds me of another situation with similarities nearly a decade ago.

• Like 1

Well......FOX Sports (out of all people) is bringing back the iconic "Roundball Rock" (the NBA on NBC theme song) for their college basketball coverage on select games. It'll be first used tomorrow for their triple header coverage. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/fox-sports-roundball-rock-nba-on-nbc-theme-john-tesh-video

Edit: And here's the vid of what it'll sounds like for the intro.

Edited by AaronQ
  • Like 1