The Definitive Fox Sports Thread

Georgie56

Since we have threads for ESPN and NBC, might as well make one for Fox Sports.

Sunday's D.C. United-New England Revolution match on FS1 will have an all female broadcast team, something that's never been done in MLS:

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/latest-news/2018/08/17/first-ever-female-mls-broadcast-team-makes-history-weekend

For right now in this thread it'll include the Fox Regional Sports Networks (since they're still owned by Fox) but once the sale of the RSNs goes through and its finalized and the transaction is completed then there will need to be a separate thread from this thread for the RSNs but more on that one later.

Anyway, while it's interesting to see the Fox network (instead of FS1) airing the Truck race last night at Bristol Motor Speedway however, I think this is the beginnings of the New Fox era, I think we will see more live sports events being migrated over to the Fox network which leads me to wonder what will happen to FS1 under New Fox?

For right now in this thread it'll include the Fox Regional Sports Networks (since they're still owned by Fox) but once the sale of the RSNs goes through and its finalized and the transaction is completed then there will need to be a separate thread from this thread for the RSNs but more on that one later.

Anyway, while it's interesting to see the Fox network (instead of FS1) airing the Truck race last night at Bristol Motor Speedway however, I think this is the beginnings of the New Fox era, I think we will see more live sports events being migrated over to the Fox network which leads me to wonder what will happen to FS1 under New Fox?

Probably more programing on FS1 as well (including live sports).

Off-model NBC graphics. Makes sense, given that this is an anthology (Red Bull Signature Series) that you usually see on NBC.

Also I mentioned this earlier on the NFL thread, but we got our first glimpse at the Fox TNF logo

9eRLRlv.png

It looks like the previous one, except mixed with the black/yellow of Fox's NFL branding. The fonts definitely look better too.

Off-model NBC graphics. Makes sense, given that this is an anthology (Red Bull Signature Series) that you usually see on NBC.

Also I mentioned this earlier on the NFL thread, but we got our first glimpse at the Fox TNF logo

9eRLRlv.png

It looks like the previous one, except mixed with the black/yellow of Fox's NFL branding. The fonts definitely look better too.

I did see this in a TV ad during a FS1 game some weeks ago, so not bad with the slightly refreshed logo...we'll see what graphics they bring to the table. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the current FS scoreboard complemented with the FOX and NFLN logos in the top-right corner.

I did see this in a TV ad during a FS1 game some weeks ago, so not bad with the slightly refreshed logo...we'll see what graphics they bring to the table. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the current FS scoreboard complemented with the FOX and NFLN logos in the top-right corner.

No, I’m sure it’ll be a derivative of the current Fox Sports graphics, like NBC and CBS TNF’s graphics were.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was watching a CONCACAF Women's Championship soccer match on FS2 and it suddenly (and against the schedule shown on COX Cable) went over to FS1 with about an hour left of a block on FS2. Things like that annoy me. What if the reverse happened?

That said, I do watch much more on FS than ESPN these days.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

There’s embarrassing, explicit video circulating online of Charissa Thompson today. I won’t link to it or describe what’s in it because it’s that bad.

I haven’t watched it, and I encourage you to do the same.

I've read about it now that it's looped around enough, but what truly will be interesting is how Fox responds to this. Don't want to go too much in depth, but this slightly reminds me of another situation with similarities nearly a decade ago.

Well......FOX Sports (out of all people) is bringing back the iconic "Roundball Rock" (the NBA on NBC theme song) for their college basketball coverage on select games. It'll be first used tomorrow for their triple header coverage. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/fox-sports-roundball-rock-nba-on-nbc-theme-john-tesh-video

Edit: And here's the vid of what it'll sounds like for the intro.

• 5 weeks later...

First proper broadcast of the PBA on Fox/FS1 and they're doing a great job so far.  Case in point: they got Nelson Burton, Jr. to commentate for a bit!  Burton was one half of the legendary team that did PBA coverage on ABC (the other half being the late, great Chris Schenkel).  He still sounds great!

• 8 months later...

It seems as if that, although I would not formally consider it Fox Sports because WWE is its own thing in a way, they did decide to co-opt one part of Fox's general sports presentation -- the top-corner bug. This is also a major departure from how WWE has handled its bugs to begin with (usually it's just in the bottom-corner, with the network bug in the other corner not unlike every other Canadian simulcast of a U.S. sporting event)

I hope they won't be trying to make this look like a normal Fox Sports broadcast despite all the unclear cross-pollination I've seen in promotion. On a side note that L3 is from the existing SmackDown graphics and that font screams "early-2000s".

The pre-show had Fox graphics. but thankfully the main show is back to the usual WWE bombasticness.

But Seth Rollins, Renee Young and Booker T with Fox Sports mics in hand is a surreal image that will either symbolize the show being "legit" in the eyes of the ahem WWE Universe, or concern that it was literally going to look like a normal professional sports broadcast from the top-down

Absolutely loving the presentation of SmackDown's Fox era. The set, lighting and graphics are awesome, breathtaking and unparalleled. The use of augmented graphics is out of left field but ups the level of awesome. And I love the new logo; looks like both a reminder of Ad's earlier logos and a throwback to WWE programming of the 80s and early 90s.

So far so good.

• 1 month later...

Archived