Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
WCAUTVNBC10

NBC Sports/NBCSN/Golf Channel/NBC RSNs Thread

rkolsen

Please use this thread for minor tweaks or changes that do not warrant a new thread.  If there’s a MAJOR change such as new sets or graphics or rights please start a new thread.

Message added by rkolsen

On 3/5/2020 at 8:31 AM, Georgie56 said:

NBC Sports Chicago is debuting a new set on the 26th.

The pandemic delayed the debut, but it will go live for the White Sox opener this Friday.

20 hours ago, AaronQ said:

That's clearly not the full schedule. I dunno why they'd release this if they don't have the details for all the games for the first two rounds fully pinned down.

Couple of quick shots of NBC Sports Chicago’s new studio in action... It’s super weird watching tonight’s game with no fans. 

492BDE1C-2298-4BE7-9453-02999BFCB4D4.thumb.jpeg.7e8be4859d3bcaf63997c029fe1cfe89.jpeg8FAB73DB-D6DF-4456-9A9D-CDE7252F8EC0.thumb.jpeg.5441ef219a1c7f0d56eaa5a0049c588d.jpeg36A362F6-7D74-4B1D-A8DE-675ED5E807D5.thumb.jpeg.b6ebbde1aa714c1225632da81f5f37c1.jpegD5526122-5201-467F-922A-945363625249.thumb.jpeg.ce9de6f7c1bc9ae25247ae6a7b11f4af.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Massive layoffs happened at NBC Sports Boston.

Edited by AaronQ

This could either backfire on NBC Sports for doing away with sideline reporters or this will start a trend with all of the RSNs across the country doing away with sideline reporters for all of the sports the RSNs in general covers.

But don't expect ESPN and other national networks to do away with sideline reporters though at least, not yet.

As a Chicagoan who was used to local games on WGN Sports where they didn't use sideline reporters, I was fine with it. When they needed to interview someone, they would have a producer and a camera operator slap a headset/mic on a player or coach, and the play-by-play commentator would interview them from the booth. The teams all split games between WGN and NBC Sports Chicago. When I would tune into their games on NBCSC, I would always find the addition of the sideline reporter (plus the "insider" and sometimes the extra "field commentator") to be extra fluff. I actually preferred the "less is more" approach of the WGN telecasts.

At the national level, the NFL on CBS didn't use sideline reporters for a number of years. Their coverage seemed to do just fine. For injuries, I assume they would have a producer gather the information from the locker rooms/training staff and would feed it to the play-by-play commentator to relay it to the audience whenever needed.

• Thanks 1

Today Kyle Martino has announced on Instagram that the 2019-2020 Premier League season will be his last covering of NBC Sports' coverage of the Premier League.

• Sad 1