NBC Sports/NBCSN/Golf Channel/NBC RSNs Thread

WCAUTVNBC10
Message added by rkolsen

Please use this thread for minor tweaks or changes that do not warrant a new thread.  If there’s a MAJOR change such as new sets or graphics or rights please start a new thread.

48 minutes ago, ehatt493 said:

They are essentially the old package just made flatter, with a different font, and adding a dash...

...and lemme tell you, I am here for it.

The other parts of the package? 

Imagine if Sky Sports was in America, and imported their graphics. 

Not that I'm complaining. 

Edited by elfuego35

18 hours ago, ehatt493 said:

...and lemme tell you, I am here for it.

As am I. I wonder if this the sign we were looking for that NBC is indeed going with individualized looks for their various properties and keeping the '15 look as a generic base package. NHL season is right around the corner...

52 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

As am I. I wonder if this the sign we were looking for that NBC is indeed going with individualized looks for their various properties and keeping the '15 look as a generic base package. NHL season is right around the corner...

Wouldn't surprise me. It's the exact playbook that ESPN used for its graphics. I would like to see someone copy the ESPN CFB look but for the NFL., however.

And here's the new intro for NBC's coverage of the Premier League. It's the same intro as Sky Sports' Monday Night Football coverage. The theme music is still the same. 

Edited by AaronQ

• 1 month later...

Okay, so we all noticed that mysterious new ticker they introduced on the NFL coverage this year. Looking closer, at it, I did notice one thing: the IndyCar races have been using a slightly different design for the leaderboard tally than NASCAR (for one, always using the vertical one. The NASCAR coverage seems to flip-flop), a darker green flag color, and bits and pieces of this one graphic (particularly the title/lap count. Everything else still uses the normal fonts) use a font that is not otherwise used anywhere else in NBC's current package but is on that new ticker.

chrome_2019-09-16_11-24-39.png.532fdab5cec09fb41b9e9a5947ee145f.png

Edited by Viper550

I've noticed for the past couple weeks here in Philly, NBC Sports Philadelphia has been running ticker-free. Occasionally they'll roll out the ticker to plug the particular show's sponsor and the MyTeams app, but other than that, the network's been ticker free. I hope either the NBCSN style ticker or anything more current is coming down the pipe. 

29 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

I've noticed for the past couple weeks here in Philly, NBC Sports Philadelphia has been running ticker-free.

Now that you mention it, I've noticed the same in Chicago in recent days. They've been opting to show only relevant out-of-town scores on a little black bar attached to the bottom of the score bug.

Rugby World Cup is here, which means that NBC got to raid the pantry for a Sky rugby reporter to join them in Connecticut. Their graphics scheme for the tournament is rather flat and funky, and doesn't really scream "rugby", in my opinion (and is then immediately contradicted by NBC's glossy defaults).

But how would I know this? TSN is also taking their feeds as a whole rather than doing their own studio show like they did last time. When most of your games are on in the overnight hours, I can see why this is likely cheaper (but also a bit disappointing given we're actually in this tournament).

7 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

NBC Sports Bay Area/California getting an almost near clone of NBC Sports Philadelphia's set:

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2019/10/04/nbc-sports-bay-area-nbc-sports-california-set-to-debut-new-studio-at-san-francisco-headquarters/

Same thing I dislike about their previous set...the lack of depth behind the desk. All of the depth is off to the sides.