NBC Sports/NBCSN/Golf Channel/NBC RSNs Thread

WCAUTVNBC10
Message added by rkolsen

Please use this thread for minor tweaks or changes that do not warrant a new thread.  If there’s a MAJOR change such as new sets or graphics or rights please start a new thread.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, Viper550 said:

Okay, so we all noticed that mysterious new ticker they introduced on the NFL coverage this year. Looking closer, at it, I did notice one thing: the IndyCar races have been using a slightly different design for the leaderboard tally than NASCAR (for one, always using the vertical one. The NASCAR coverage seems to flip-flop), a darker green flag color, and bits and pieces of this one graphic (particularly the title/lap count. Everything else still uses the normal fonts) use a font that is not otherwise used anywhere else in NBC's current package but is on that new ticker.

chrome_2019-09-16_11-24-39.png.532fdab5cec09fb41b9e9a5947ee145f.png

Same case with IMSA and Supercross, using yet another font

701F3308-C307-4919-BE51-E32CE734A3D7.jpeg

Edited by racefan_09

That's weird. NBCS Chicago has used theirs occasionally for breaking news and programming announcements, even after dumping it for scores and headlines. No reason why it should be completely scrubbed from the system, with THAT being the alternative.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

The RSNs debuted a new theme for basketball:

I heard the open of the broadcasts, and it honestly sounds like a 21st century knockoff of 'Roundball Rock.' That doesn't mean I dislike it, but it's definitely got that vibe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 24994J said:

I heard the open of the broadcasts, and it honestly sounds like a 21st century knockoff of 'Roundball Rock.' That doesn't mean I dislike it, but it's definitely got that vibe.

Yeah it def sounds like a hybrid of Roundball Rock and the NBA TNT theme. It's catchy.

NBC Sports Chicago also opened the pregame show with the now-old theme over a view of the arena, leading into the upbeat normal pregame open and theme, then began the game broadcast with the new theme. It was more than a little messy.

2 minutes ago, 24994J said:

NBC Sports Chicago also opened the pregame show with the now-old theme over a view of the arena, leading into the upbeat normal pregame open and theme, then began the game broadcast with the new theme. It was more than a little messy.

NBC Sports Philadelphia did the same but had it all cleaned up by the halftime show. 

1 hour ago, Spintech33 said:

I may be a little late with this but NBCSN updated some of their graphics for Premier League. Saw some updates this past weekend including the Sports ticker.

The new ticker has shown up during NHL and NASCAR coverage. Its a variation of the new SNF ticker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tjt24 said:

The new ticker has shown up during NHL and NASCAR coverage. Its a variation of the new SNF ticker.

Yeah, It's the NBC Sports ticker. They adapt it to focus on whatever sport is being presented live, but then during regular studio shows, it runs through all sports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tjt24 said:

Yes, that is correct.  NBCSN is doing a good job with these new graphics. 

However, what's very bad is NBC Sports Philadelphia is completely bascura with their ticker.. SMH.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spintech33 said:

Yes, that is correct.  NBCSN is doing a good job with these new graphics. 

However, what's very bad is NBC Sports Philadelphia is completely bascura with their ticker.. SMH.

That was covered earlier. The RSNs as a whole abandoned using a ticker. Don't know why but they did. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 2:41 PM, 24994J said:

I wished they just used Roundball Rock instead...

12 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

I wished they just used Roundball Rock instead...

Probably a no go now that FOX holds the license for it. Bad move by NBC letting it lapse. 

I do hope that RSNs pick up William Goldstein's NHL theme though if the plan is to fully move away from Peter Calandra's CSN music collection. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, JCB4TV said:

What they're calling player & puck tracking technology, some new graphics made a cameo during NBC's coverage of the NHL All-Star Game. I took these screenshots from the NBC Sports App.

20200126_014241000_iOS.png

20200126_014356000_iOS.png

And also...single-sponsor ads overlaying the entirety of the boards; the latter is very unwelcome as they cover up board lines.  😒

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 3/5/2020 at 9:31 AM, Georgie56 said:

NBC Sports Chicago is debuting a new set on the 26th.

These promos were actually shot in Philly about a month or so back. If you go realllly slow, you can see a little City Hall, Liberty 1 and the Comcast building in there.

Edited by Bars-n-tone
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.robertfeder.com/2020/06/01/adam-amin-replacing-neil-funk-tv-voice-chicago-bulls/#more-25712

Adam Amin has joined the Bulls and NBC Sports Chicago as lead Bulls play-by-play, replacing the retiring Neil Funk. Quite honestly, I had no idea that on a national level, he had left ESPN and joined Fox Sports a few weeks ago amidst the coronavirus shutdown. Apparently we're going to see him on Fox's national NFL and MLB telecasts going forward as well.

Congrats to him on his new position with both companies. 

• Like 2