The ESPN Thread

1 hour ago, AaronQ said:

Couple of news today in the ESPN world:

ESPN and MLB reached a long-term extension for 7 years

And ESPN has reached a long-term agreement with Spain's La Liga for the next 8 seasons (through the 2028-29 season). The deal includes the broadcast rights in Canada on TSN and RDS. The new deal will kick starting in the 2021-22 season.
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/05/espn-and-laliga-reach-historic-rights-agreement-bringing-top-rated-soccer-league-to-millions-more-fans-across-the-u-s/

ESPN has got to sign Ray Hudson for La Liga

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're getting new college football graphics this season, it seems     And it's more like the MNF graphics than ever, it seems.

No more musical performances during the Genesis Halftime Show.

I never like large graphics that hug the bottom of the screen with no gap. It feels so claustrophobic.   Don't they basically modify the NBA score graphic almost every season now? It seems a

Posted Images

14 hours ago, AaronQ said:

Couple of news today in the ESPN world:

ESPN and MLB reached a long-term extension for 7 years

And ESPN has reached a long-term agreement with Spain's La Liga for the next 8 seasons (through the 2028-29 season). The deal includes the broadcast rights in Canada on TSN and RDS. The new deal will kick starting in the 2021-22 season.
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/05/espn-and-laliga-reach-historic-rights-agreement-bringing-top-rated-soccer-league-to-millions-more-fans-across-the-u-s/

Something of note, they're dropping their Monday and Wednesday night games.  I wonder if NBC, CBS, FOX or Turner might want to sweep in and pick up those games.

12 hours ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Something of note, they're dropping their Monday and Wednesday night games.  I wonder if NBC, CBS, FOX or Turner might want to sweep in and pick up those games.

I doubt it, I believe that Turner will get a Tuesday game with MLBN and FS1 possibly taking those games.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:22 AM, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

I could see FOX or TBS doing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Maria Taylor is out at ESPN and heading for NBC where she could start as soon as this Friday on Olympics coverage. 

I knew she would end up leaving especially after all the controversy. I wish her the best of luck at NBC Sports!