The ESPN Thread

TheRolyPoly

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Georgie56 said:

Damm.. No Michelle Beale, Chauncey, Jalen or Paul.  Not to take away the spotlight from Rachel Nichols and Maria Taylor. However, both ladies are excellent in sideline reporting. But in studio I'm not 100% solid on that. 

9 hours ago, Viper550 said:

ACC Network launched; I noticed from the clips that their studio insert graphics are different from the existing stock ESPN graphics, plus these motion graphics can be best described as "weirdly satisfying".

I like it. It feels as satisfying as the 2010-2012 NBA on TNT graphics the way that the teams/localities are presented.

18 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

This is strange. No known contract disputes.

20190909_205238.jpg

20190909_205251.jpg

Who's your provider? My screen was shrunk down for the better part of an hour, as if the ticker was ready to appear, but it never did on my AT&T feed.

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN/ESPN+ got the rights to the Bundesliga starting in the 2020-2021 season. It's another list of soccer rights they got after getting Serie A of Italy, EFL and FA Cup in England, MLS Live, etc.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2019/09/espn-to-be-the-u-s-home-for-bundesliga-beginning-august-2020/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AaronQ said:

ESPN/ESPN+ got the rights to the Bundesliga starting in the 2020-2021 season. It's another list of soccer rights they got after getting Serie A of Italy, EFL and FA Cup in England, MLS Live, etc.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2019/09/espn-to-be-the-u-s-home-for-bundesliga-beginning-august-2020/

Another soccer package taken away from FS1/FS2.

4 hours ago, AaronQ said:

If it goes to TSN i would love to see the former EPL commentators jump on and commentate the Bundesliga

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Outside The Lines has now been reduced to a weekend show and a SportsCenter segment. 

OTL started as a weekend program before becoming a daily program IN 2003 while still being aired on Sunday mornings (in which the latter would end in 2017 in favor of an expanded E:60). This time, it will be on Saturday mornings while SportsCenter Coast-to-Coast expands to 90 minutes, ending at 1:30 p.m.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 1:43 AM, TheRolyPoly said:

OTL started as a weekend program before becoming a daily program IN 2003 while still being aired on Sunday mornings (in which the latter would end in 2017 in favor of an expanded E:60). This time, it will be on Saturday mornings while SportsCenter Coast-to-Coast expands to 90 minutes, ending at 1:30 p.m.

With Bob Ley gone, this move was easy :(

10 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

I could understand if a) the performance was live and b) it was scheduled during a more 'interesting' MNF...if one could look at the schedule + point out any sexy matchups that is. Every week though, taped? It just made it a more awkward overtly promotion of genesis than needed, let alone fuel more criticisms of ESPN stretching beyond sports, despite the 'E' in its name.

ESPN ACCN is getting a channel change through Verizon FIOS... On or after 12/7/19- Which is the ACC Football Championship game new channel will be 571 (HD), and 71 (SD) from previous channel 829(HD) thus moving the goal line channel to 829 from 71 (SD) and 571 (HD).  This here makes total sense. Now most of the ESPN channels are on one block! Now if we can get ESPN+ on cable instead of being streaming only...

Information reported first by: DSL Reports.