Old Station Websites

NotInTV

image.thumb.png.38e4eccc9951a6915f6df354caf1327f.png

KDVR's website from May 28, 2004.

KMGH's website from May 28, 2004. (It was part of the IBS network at that point)                                KUSA's website is no longer part of the internet archive, 9NEWS.com was scrubbed in May 2019.

image.thumb.png.ebcef9c00f664345662ea81de2014350.png s

image.thumb.png.5130f2c33e1e16806786bc2a5655da81.png

KWGN Website from April 4, 2001 this was the only shot I could get the archive to load.

KTVD Website from September 23, 2004, this too was the only shot I could get to load. They were a UPN affiliate station. (2 and a half years before Gannett broadcasting took over)

image.thumb.png.cd1b7b19bb782cf7af1cd4a753cd31ee.png

One of the cool features on KDVR's old website was a studio webcam that was on at all times. It only updated every few seconds or minutes or so, but it was still a novelty.

Also, amazing to look back and see how useless so many of these sites were at actually getting any daily news headlines. So many station websites still got it wrong even into this decade.

• 1 year later...
On 8/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, C Block said:

One of the cool features on KDVR's old website was a studio webcam that was on at all times. It only updated every few seconds or minutes or so, but it was still a novelty.

I know for certain KTTV and WTTG did this as well. It used to be really neat to watch them while a live newscast was on and see the interesting things that would happen as soon as the broadcasts ended. I especially enjoyed watching the studio cams during the transitions from Fox 11 Morning News to GDLA since they used two different sets. Thanks for unlocking a really awesome memory!

Archived