Tamron Hall Signs Deal with Disney/ABC

mountainave

I think she'll end up succeeding. She got higher ratings on NBC than Megyn Kelly is getting now. She didn't deserve how she was treated by them.

The difference is that NBC's 9am hour is national, not syndicated. Syndication is a lot harder, especially in 2018.

As for what time it would be on in most markets, I would guess in the afternoon replacing the "Who wants to be a Millionaire" / "Right this Minute" block leading out of "GMA Day."

The difference is that NBC's 9am hour is national, not syndicated. Syndication is a lot harder, especially in 2018.

As for what time it would be on in most markets, I would guess in the afternoon replacing the "Who wants to be a Millionaire" / "Right this Minute" block leading out of "GMA Day."

I will not be surprise if ABC Disney will cancel Live with Kelly and Ryan and replace it with Tamron Hall in the 9AM or 10 AM time slots to compete against Megyn Kelly.

Now you have GMA Day which will be similar and better than Live. Live ratings are down and ABC could not add GMA at 9AM due to syndication contracts with affiliates. ABC Disney is trying to get rid of Kelly Ripa. So everything that ABC Disney is doing makes sense.

Are LIVE’s ratings down? I don’t think ABC would (or have the rights to) cancel the program but Ripa definitely needs to be reined in. Her described behavior is absolutely ridiculous considering a few years ago with Regis she could have been replaced by just about anyone and the show would have went on just fine.

I will not be surprise if ABC Disney will cancel Live with Kelly and Ryan and replace it with Tamron Hall in the 9AM or 10 AM time slots to compete against Megyn Kelly.

Now you have GMA Day which will be similar and better than Live. Live ratings are down and ABC could not add GMA at 9AM due to syndication contracts with affiliates. ABC Disney is trying to get rid of Kelly Ripa. So everything that ABC Disney is doing makes sense.

Are LIVE’s ratings down? I don’t think ABC would (or have the rights to) cancel the program but Ripa definitely needs to be reined in. Her described behavior is absolutely ridiculous considering a few years ago with Regis she could have been replaced by just about anyone and the show would have went on just fine.

Where have either of you read LIVE’s ratings are down? And where has it been reported ABC wants to get rid of Ripa? What behavior do you speak of with Regis? The only time she’s been upset was with the Michael fiasco, and let’s face it, ABC didn’t exactly handle that situation well to begin with.

Where have either of you read LIVE’s ratings are down? And where has it been reported ABC wants to get rid of Ripa? What behavior do you speak of with Regis? The only time she’s been upset was with the Michael fiasco, and let’s face it, ABC didn’t exactly handle that situation well to begin with.

Kelly felt more than burned when Regis retired, thinking that somehow she did something wrong, or that she was trying to hurt her. If any of what's portrayed in the media is true, she has a certain insecurity about her standing on the show. Take it for what it's worth. I don't, really.

Exactly.

Where in my comment did you read me stating their ratings are down? I myself was asking if LIVE's ratings are truly down because I found that difficult to believe.

Moving along, it has been reported ad nauseam that Ripa has turned into a diva. She refused to come to work because she was upset her co-host was leaving. When has anyone in show business every carried on like that and not been considered diva-esque? She went in the media and made Regis' departure all about her as well. Sorry to disagree with you but Ripa is not nearly as enjoyable to watch as she was with Regis.

• 1 month later...
Oh boy. Which shows ABC will take away to clear her show? RTM/Millionaire?

I'm hoping they don't do the 3pm mandate like they did with Couric's show.

Some of the articles also mention Rachael Ray may get the ax on the stations that carry it. I could also see it replacing the 3pm newscasts on KABC and KTRK, and WCL on WLS.

Most shows WFAA has aired lately in the afternoon between General Hospital and their newscasts don't seem to be doing well ratings-wise, so they might be in the market for Tamron's show. I hope it does well for her; I'm not sure what else she would do on TV besides that and news.

Moving along, it has been reported ad nauseam that Ripa has turned into a diva. She refused to come to work because she was upset her co-host was leaving.

We knocked this down in a previous thread and you tried to argue the same thing. ABC is in the Ripa business. She isn't leaving. The only people who care seem to be limited to the newsroom of American Media. Please stick to the topic at hand.

For Hearst if their ABC stations take Tamron, this will likely be the coffin nail for Steve, even if Endemol/IMG can keep the rest of the stations carrying it the same. More likely though, it's a pretty good excuse to be done with Dr. Oz or Rachael also, though at least for Dr. Oz, being on Fox O&O's will save that show from being killed without heavy affiliate attrition.

this will likely be the coffin nail for Steve, even if Endemol/IMG can keep the rest of the stations carrying it the same.

I thought the coffin in the nail for Steve was when they announced Kelly Clarksons show will be the leadin for Ellen next season.

Not sure where the demand is for another syndie daytime talk show. Same thing with Kelly Clarkson.

Got to keep the cycle going. It isn't like the 80s & 90s where they had an abundance of talk shows. There still a market place, but whoever makes the decision on given them

the boot need to allow them to grow. I wish CNN & MSNBC would do talk shows during the daytime hour. CNN should bring back Talk back Live.

Hardy think they will can LIVE! Kelly, was pissed about Michael Strahan going over to GMA, but he was told not to say anything.

Kelly felt more than burned when Regis retired, thinking that somehow she did something wrong, or that she was trying to hurt her. If any of what's portrayed in the media is true, she has a certain insecurity about her standing on the show. Take it for what it's worth. I don't, really.

Kelly was pissed about ABC getting Michael Strahan and he not saying a word to her. Then she was on vacation, and when she came back her and ABC made up etc, etc.

Oh boy. Which shows ABC will take away to clear her show? RTM/Millionaire?

I'm hoping they don't do the 3pm mandate like they did with Couric's show.

I think General Hospital will get the boot. ABC owns it and can cancel it at anytime. GH has been ABC crown jewel off all their soaps. That why they're the last one hanging on.

I thought the coffin in the nail for Steve was when they announced Kelly Clarksons show will be the leadin for Ellen next season.

If Steve Harvey survives, Days of Our Lives might be on the chopping block. Their ratings are up, but NBC/Sony contract is up this time next Sept 2019. Steve's ratings are down at his talk show and Family Feud.

Hardy think they will can LIVE! Kelly, was pissed about Michael Strahan going over to GMA, but he was told not to say anything.

Kelly was pissed about ABC getting Michael Strahan and he not saying a word to her. Then she was on vacation, and when she came back her and ABC made up etc, etc.

I think General Hospital will get the boot. ABC owns it and can cancel it at anytime. GH has been ABC crown jewel off all their soaps. That why they're the last one hanging on.

If Steve Harvey survives, Days of Our Lives might be on the chopping block. Their ratings are up, but NBC/Sony contract is up this time next Sept 2019. Steve's ratings are down at his talk show and Family Feud.

I highly doubt GH or Days is going anywhere. It’s been stated that Steve (NBC) and Rachael or Millionaire/RTM combo (ABC) are the ones likely coming off schedule.

We knocked this down in a previous thread and you tried to argue the same thing. ABC is in the Ripa business. She isn't leaving. The only people who care seem to be limited to the newsroom of American Media. Please stick to the topic at hand.

I'm sticking to my opinion and what I've read, whether you want to or not. You're commenting on something from over a month ago.

Don't address me again. Thank you.

Probably the deepest one, but since WISN runs Oz>Steve>Ellen with their current schedule, it'll likely have a domino effect on most of Hearst's ABC stations.

I'm sticking to my opinion and what I've read, whether you want to or not. You're commenting on something from over a month ago.

Don't address me again. Thank you.

Great, it’s your opinion as it’s evident you don’t like her. You have yet to evidence any factual basis for this other than the Strahan stuff.

This is a public forum. You don’t want to be addressed then don’t comment, easy as that! I love how some of you think you can get away with telling others what to do.

I think General Hospital will get the boot. ABC owns it and can cancel it at anytime. GH has been ABC crown jewel off all their soaps. That is why they're the last one hanging on.

GH matters more to ABC than any syndicated program. The ratings, awards and viewer loyalty proves it. If anything, they'll drop the program or two that isn't named Live... or possibly force the stations to move them to overnight slots.

If? The NBC stations will drop Steve next fall to make room for Kelly Clarkson. There's still a slot for Days, so that is good as safe.

Great, it’s your opinion as it’s evident you don’t like her. You have yet to evidence any factual basis for this other than the Strahan stuff.

This is a public forum. You don’t want to be addressed then don’t comment, easy as that! I love how some of you think you can get away with telling others what to do.

The information has been shared and is easily researchable, I'm not going to be responsible for your illiteracy or lack of comprehension.

Not telling you what to do, just simply letting you know that you're condescending and disrespectful tone shouldn't be addressed to me, but you and you're buddy are muted so it doesn't really matter. Thank you.

The information has been shared and is easily researchable, I'm not going to be responsible for your illiteracy or lack of comprehension.

Not telling you what to do, just simply letting you know that you're condescending and disrespectful tone shouldn't be addressed to me, but you and you're buddy are muted so it doesn't really matter. Thank you.

I’m not being condescending or disrespectful. I am respectfully disagreeing. And if you read my earlier post from a month or so ago, I stated that I googled and found nothing. But feel free to call me names and mute me if that makes you feel better. Proving me wrong would be the right way to go about it.

Archived