KTVU getting a New Set

SFTV

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice. They really went for an understated look that is very fitting for them. I'm glad nobody yelled, "these blank walls need more monitors!"

This looks like a good place to do rolling news for 12+ hours a day, give or take. There's also the upstairs studio, which has a ton of flexibility and will be better for the in-house interviews.

The main video wall backdrop looks too much like they're trying to make it look like the old set. The new music is all wrong, but then again, the music it replaced wasn't great either.

43827579350_26100fa349_k.jpg

44731514495_2e3fcc62c4_k.jpg

Looks nice. They really went for an understated look that is very fitting for them. I'm glad nobody yelled, "these blank walls need more monitors!"

This looks like a good place to do rolling news for 12+ hours a day, give or take. There's also the upstairs studio, which has a ton of flexibility and will be better for the in-house interviews.

The main video wall backdrop looks too much like they're trying to make it look like the old set. The new music is all wrong, but then again, the music it replaced wasn't great either.

43827579350_26100fa349_k.jpg

44731514495_2e3fcc62c4_k.jpg

They are still a Cox station at heart. It kinda reminds me when their former sister station WSB got their new set a couple of years ago. Very understated and looks familiar to their previous set. I guess if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

The talent looks crowded and low budget on the 4 shot. Either the main screen is too small or they need to do the shot from a lower angle. Yet another "studio in a corner" setup that doesn't have good depth and makes things seem smaller to the viewer.

The talent looks crowded and low budget on the 4 shot. Either the main screen is too small or they need to do the shot from a lower angle. Yet another "studio in a corner" setup that doesn't have good depth and makes things seem smaller to the viewer.

They basically put the anchor desk where the old weather authority center was and the new weather center area was the old set up.

Looking at Pam Cook’s Instagram

Story, it seems like they moved the Telepromter and camera area were the old 7pm/multipurpose area used to be and the long wall with the cables was where the cameras used to be housed at.

Devlin does good sets. And this is a good set. But I do tire of the flowery language that accompanies these debuts. There's not much here that is "unique" or "cutting edge". It's a nice set that should serve the station quite well for many years to come. I quite like the upstair space - lovely views...

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 7:47 PM, Ramona said:

The two graphics on the monitors in that first image demonstrate just how out of style the current Fox O&O look has gotten...

You can say that again.

I'll be blunt.  One of the reasons I don't watch WTXF locally - possibly the chief reason I don't watch WTXF locally - are the graphics.  The look and sound are absolutely horrible.  The actual news content is better than KYW, but KYW at least looks like a professional operation.  Fox's graphics are incredibly cheap and tacky, and they have been for over a decade at this point.  A fundamental rethink is needed.

4 hours ago, HulkieD said:

You can say that again.

I'll be blunt.  One of the reasons I don't watch WTXF locally - possibly the chief reason I don't watch WTXF locally - are the graphics.  The look and sound are absolutely horrible.  The actual news content is better than KYW, but KYW at least looks like a professional operation.  Fox's graphics are incredibly cheap and tacky, and they have been for over a decade at this point.  A fundamental rethink is needed.

You should see it here. I can appreciate Fox 35’s in house department has been pulling their share of stings (and new talent opens), but in general, it’s too tabloid. “News Station” in the graphics, reporter tosses; got Arnold on one cut and cheap production music on another (bumpers and etc) At least WSVN (the REAL News Station) has a bit of consistent flair about it - 30 years of practice.

(This is why I’m trying to create a mock of a new look - check graphics department for shots so far)

• 6 months later...

They’ve been using that daytime backdrop for their promos when they debuted the new set.

7 months later they now finally realize to implement it onto the set. Lol

Archived