KTVU getting a New Set

SFTV

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning Anchor Pam Cook posted on Instagram KTVU is getting a New Set

[MEDIA=instagram]BmJNRf8Btf8[/MEDIA]

This was unfortunately long overdue as that set was a relic from the Cox days. If you think about it, most of the Cox stations when they went HD got a set with that dark wood tone, I know at least WSOC, WSB, and WFTV had the dark wood tones on their sets.

I have an uneasy feeling though about this redesign primarily because the Foxification at KTVU has not been very well received. Whatever they receive, whether it be a standard O&O set or something else, it will likely contain light colored stone or brick walls, color-changing light panels, and heavy use of glass and monitor arrays. It's also going to depend heavily on the designer, it's hopefully a safe bet they will go BDI or Devlin on this job and not FX or someone else.

The goal here is a memorable set like WAGA and not forgettable like KTTV.

That set isn't as old as it looks. It debuted in early 2012 and was not the first HD-era set for KTVU, though it had a lot of the same flavor as the previous set.

Interesting to see that they're building the new set in the same studio and not in the secondary one like the last time around, though I'm sure there's probably a good reason for it.

The temporary set looks almost the same as the outgoing set, though they're only using these three shots.

42992324825_834a401495_h.jpg

43178741494_ceaf651e6e_h.jpg

43896885551_1c2d56a3e8_h.jpg

They need it. The outgoing set didn’t match the Fox O&O graphics at all.

.......Waiting on KDFW to get their new set. And if they get it before Fox 5?.......

It makes no sense why KDFW and WNYW are still on those old 2006 sets. They desperately need an upgrade, and fast.

It is amazing WNYW and KDFW still have it . I think WJW, WNYW, and KDFW are the only ones left with them. WJW had their O&O set installed in late spring of 2007 debuted on Monday July 16th, 2007. Sadly I remember that day because I started a new job. As far as KTVU that set was installed in 2006 with HD launch and had some updates along the way.

As far as KTVU that set was installed in 2006 with HD launch and had some updates along the way.

This set debuted in early 2012. There's even a thread for it. The set from the mid-2000s had a similar feel, but they were two different sets altogether.

2012:

Main_Desk.jpg

2006:

14199389_1194488557279317_9184187058873220373_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4ac9ee6b4c82ca9959289292a7e64243&oe=5C05A936

This set debuted in early 2012. There's even a thread for it. The set from the mid-2000s had a similar feel, but they were two different sets altogether.

2012:

Main_Desk.jpg

2006:

14199389_1194488557279317_9184187058873220373_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4ac9ee6b4c82ca9959289292a7e64243&oe=5C05A936

Thank you for giving me the correct information.

Don’t they have a conference room turned studio that had windows overlooking the bay? I seem to remember that being discussed here.

Yes they do.

Don't be surprised if they update that after the new set is done. ;)

Indeed - they were so close in look I'm surprised the average viewer could tell they got a new set. They've essentially been running the same look for almost 15 years now, which is about how long the prior set from late 1989 lasted.

I like sets with a big banner above with the masthead logo. Hope they can incorporate that, but with so many sets these days being flat and boxy I'm not getting my hopes up.

KTVU has long had a subdued, 'serious' feel to the sets, so let's see how that plays out in this set.

Based on Rich Lieberman, it might be more stand-up oriented.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2018/08/bay-tv-newscasts-to-roll-out-new.html

Sounds like KPIX is shaking things up this fall based on that rumor.

Yes they do.

Don't be surprised if they update that after the new set is done. ;)

I hope so!

The newsroom was only a temp standup for the 9am. Pam Cook was the first again to mention about the temp standup and debut back in May of last year but never followed up.

Then again the sunset during The Four on 2 or during The 7pm News on KTVU Plus caused a bad glare since the windows do face in a Southwest direction.

Based on Rich Lieberman, it might be more stand-up oriented.

http://richliebermanreport.blogspot.com/2018/08/bay-tv-newscasts-to-roll-out-new.html

Sounds like KPIX is shaking things up this fall based on that rumor.

KPIX is last in the market to have an updated set running on 7 years now. Let’s see if the rumor is true and they will get a new set.

KTVU is back upstairs for The Nine after a year and a few months hiatus broadcasting in the newsroom and this is what we waited for? An updated desk?

Via Pam Cooks InstaSnap

CFA01152-3_AFF-4_D0_D-9550-9_C5_D6_DCD39_DA.png

KTVU is back upstairs for The Nine after a year and a few months hiatus broadcasting in the newsroom and this is what we waited for? An updated desk?

Via Pam Cooks InstaSnap

CFA01152-3_AFF-4_D0_D-9550-9_C5_D6_DCD39_DA.png

The upstairs may not have had all the facilities they may have needed. I don’t watch them enough so I don’t know the production style or what’s there.

But that desk seems kinda cool.

Archived