Various production questions

panewswatcher69

Not sure if this is the proper sub-forum for this:

For on-location, what purpose do color covers on cameras serve? For example, blue covers on cameras at the rink for figure skating at the Olympics to match the blue surrounding the rink, green covers on cameras at Wimbledon, etc.

Why have on-air personalities started wearing two ear pieces instead of one ear piece?

I would say the camera covers are designed to blend into the atmosphere and not draw attention to it.

As for the ear pieces I’ve never seen two. But they could be used for solely for program audio and another for a producer. It could also be for redundancy/backup I’ve seen in mainland Europe where presenters where two lapel microphones in case one goes down. Aside from battery issues (I’d imagine both pack charge simultaneously) I’d think unless there connected to different base stations or systems both would fail if there were wireless issues.

Not sure if this is the proper sub-forum for this:

For on-location, what purpose do color covers on cameras serve? For example, blue covers on cameras at the rink for figure skating at the Olympics to match the blue surrounding the rink, green covers on cameras at Wimbledon, etc.

Why have on-air personalities started wearing two ear pieces instead of one ear piece?

Sometime because of exterior noises 2 ear pieces will be used as opposed to a giant headset. Some talent just prefers 2 ear pieces for whatever reason. There are a lot more options now in ear products so it's easy to configure it just about anyway you wish.

Archived