2018 NFL Season

Viper550

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admittedly haven't seen much of their NFLN-exclusive productions, but based on a quick promo, Fox might be debuting a new version of their iconic NFL theme when TNF hits the main network. Maybe this has been used on the mothership, but I don't ever recall hearing it.

(2:30 mark, if the link doesn't work right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=17mbJAIpm_Y;m=2;s=30

Will it be a separate broadcast, or same video with secondary audio track(s)?

I would think the latter. On Prime, you can choose between Buck/Aikman, Storm/Kremer, British announcers, or Spanish announcers. The Prime feed is also available for free on Twitch.

As for Storm/Kremer, I predict they’ll also do one of the late-season NFLN-exclusive Saturday games.

The only thing they seem to be doing differently from their Sunday games is the "special graphics". If you watch their Sunday broadcasts, you see a lot of 3D graphics used for game intros, highlights, and full screen graphics. Instead of using those 3D graphics, they're using special, flatter graphics for TNF.

I've even seen some of those special graphics using bold and italic text similar to ESPN. Is that the newest craze?

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, BBC only allocated one hour on BBC Two to actually show the London game today, pre-empting the rest to Red Button just to show a rerun of a wildlife documentary

[MEDIA=twitter]1051211457617104896[/MEDIA]

On a related note, the BBC's current sports graphics actually remind me of Fox's a bit. Apparently BBC did run its own scoreboard during one of the London games (built like its soccer one), but I think it was glitchy and they've used the host feed ever since.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently watching Ravens-Steelers and I've noticed their lineup graphics on CBS are now constricted to a scoreboard attachment with names only (much like Fox). Not sure if it's been like this since the start of the season, but this is a far cry from in the past where lineups had its own fully fledged graphics.

Currently watching Ravens-Steelers and I've noticed their lineup graphics on CBS are now constricted to a scoreboard attachment with names only (much like Fox). Not sure if it's been like this since the start of the season, but this is a far cry from in the past where lineups had its own fully fledged graphics.

I'm not a fan. This has been an increasing trend in NFL broadcasting. Full screen intro for the quarterback while everyone else on the field is reduced to an afterthought while they continue talking about the quarterback.

I'm not a fan. This has been an increasing trend in NFL broadcasting. Full screen intro for the quarterback while everyone else on the field is reduced to an afterthought while they continue talking about the quarterback.

It really sucks because this is a definite result of how the league has changed as far as favoring offensive play, especially that at QB far more than any other position. At the very least, NBC still does it the right way (and the best way) with their lineup presentations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, any clue as to why Nantz & Romo did not call a game for CBS this week? I checked in with a sports media news site this week and the top-dog crew was not listed.

It really sucks because this is a definite result of how the league has changed as far as favoring offensive play, especially that at QB far more than any other position. At the very least, NBC still does it the right way (and the best way) with their lineup presentations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, any clue as to why Nantz & Romo did not call a game for CBS this week? I checked in with a sports media news site this week and the top-dog crew was not listed.

I was surprised to see that, too. I think with it being a week of mediocre matchups for CBS and it being a singleheader weekend, they felt it was a great halfway point to give their A crew a weekend off, especially since they'll be calling the Super Bowl this year.

Also on the topic of showing starting lineups, remember back around 2012 and 2013 when Fox stopped showing the full lineups and opted to only show like the top 4 players on each team. That was a HUGE slap in the face to the rest of the players. Glad Fox realized how bad that was.

Mike Tirico, Kurt Warner, and Peter Schrager are calling Browns-Broncos in Week 15 and Raiders-Chargers in Week 16.

Interesting how NFLN is using an NBC announcer on a Fox production.

https://awfulannouncing.com/league-networks/nfl-network-broadcast-teams-curt-menefee-nate-burleson-steve-mariucci.html

I think the Saturday games are not simulcasted on Fox.

The MNF game in Mexico City has been cancelled and moved back to Los Angeles.

The stadium it was supposed to be at looked like this a few days ago, and they weren't able to repair it all in time.

[MEDIA=twitter]1062399578073456640[/MEDIA]

Mike Tirico, Tony Dungy, and Rodney Harrison are calling the SNF Thanksgiving night game between the Falcons and Saints. Sounds like a solid booth, IMO.

Also a smart move, since Al is getting to that age.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nbc/mike-tirico-tony-dungy-rodney-harrison-to-call-falcons-saints.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The NFL unveiled a logo for its centennial celebration next year, and its quite dull. They honestly put more effort into their "let's make everything gold for Super Bowl 50" campaign than this.

The Bears will also hold their own commemorations, and their logo for it is just a recolor of said NFL 100 logo.

Archived