2018 NFL Season

Viper550

CBS has announced their plans for the Super Bowl.

• 8K cameras are coming
  • Live, in-game augmented reality
  • CBSSN’s That Other Pregame Show will have a 30-minute special before Road To The Super Bowl

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=51744

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=51745

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the entertainment side of things, apparently Maroon 5 chickened out of doing a press conference for their halftime show.

Meanwhile in Canada, Citytv picked up The World's Best instead of CTV, so they definitely won't be airing it after the game. Unlike CBS, Citytv at least hyping it by acknowledging the creators' contributions to reality TV, and also playing it up as being from "the network that brought you America's Got Talent" (Citytv has historically been the Canadian home of said series, although these two are a world apart - pun intended). Instead, CTV will be airing a post-game program hosted by former Fox Sports 1 comedy pundits Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole.

On the question of what CBS will have in store tomorrow from a visual standpoint, let's play another game of "See If You Can Spot Anything In The Behind The Scenes Photos"

gimp-2.8_2019-02-02_23-42-16.png.b4a7ec8485c7ac7925b9d5069600ba0e.png

This still looks like the current graphics style (and not a scoreboard, since I can make out "Mercedes-Benz Stadium - Atlanta, GA" under it, so I guess this is just for establishing shots), but it also answers the question from the other thread about which team colors they'll use (looks like black or very dark blue for the Patriots, and blue for the Rams)

39 minutes ago, Viper550 said:

On the question of what CBS will have in store tomorrow from a visual standpoint, let's play another game of "See If You Can Spot Anything In The Behind The Scenes Photos"

gimp-2.8_2019-02-02_23-42-16.png.b4a7ec8485c7ac7925b9d5069600ba0e.png

This still looks like the current graphics style (and not a scoreboard, since I can make out "Mercedes-Benz Stadium - Atlanta, GA" under it, so I guess this is just for establishing shots), but it also answers the question from the other thread about which team colors they'll use (looks like black or very dark blue for the Patriots, and blue for the Rams)

So maybe a similar tweak to their current graphics package to what NBC got for Super Bowl LII last year (though it's probably not going to be as big of a tweak as what NBC got)

Nothing new yet, but thenagain this was a pre-game show for the pre-game show's pre-game show that normally airs on CBSSN so I wasn't expecting much. They were, however, doing this very nice looking AR video screen during one segment that seems to align with that promise of "close-up" AR with a handheld camera.

WBZ is understandably doing a two-hour edition of Patriots Gameday. The only people disappointed are those who actually did want to watch Road to the Super Bowl

10 minutes ago, Viper550 said:

Nothing new yet, but thenagain this was a pre-game show for the pre-game show's pre-game show that normally airs on CBSSN so I wasn't expecting much. They were, however, doing this very nice looking AR video screen during one segment that seems to align with that promise of "close-up" AR with a handheld camera.

WBZ is understandably doing a two-hour edition of Patriots Gameday. The only people disappointed are those who actually did want to watch Road to the Super Bowl

I would wait for the game itself before we see anything new. There was a refreshed sponsor billboard during that TOPS special.

Also, WBZ moved TOPS and Road To The Super Bowl to WSBK. They’ll join CBS at 1.

Firstly, for the first time since Super Bowl XLV, we have a broadcaster using their same graphics for two Super Bowls in a row

Since you were expecting such a recap...

LIII - CBS 2016
---
LII  - SNF '18 (Debut)
LI  - Fox 2014 (Final event + they chickened out on using a boxy red and white reskin of it)
50 - CBS 2016 (Debut)
---
XLIX - NBC 2015 (Debuted in playoffs)
XLVIII - Fox 2010/vertical scoreboard (Final event)
XLVII - CBS 2013 (Debut)
---
XLVI - NBC 2012 (Debuted in playoffs)
XLV - Fox 2010
XLIV - CBS 2006 refresh (Debut)

And also if you live in Australia and actually wish to do this, you can watch the Super Bowl with the MNF crew.

Literally the only changes people have noticed are just details. There are most certainly some special inserts/etc., but the core is pretty much the same. Which is a shame, cause the actual L3s/etc. have always been a bit underwhelming to me.

Speaking of old graphics, the world feed still uses the now-ancient pre-CBS Thursday Night Football graphics apparently

Archived