CBS Television Stations launching CBSN Local streaming services modeled after CBSN

WFOR is saying the 'studio is offline' today and tonight...so there are no local newscasts this evening (they aired a repeat of the CBS Weekend News at 11). Perhaps because of their small studio, launching CBSN Miami literally requires a shutdown to get it ready?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Master Control is not Production Control. If something "goes wrong" in a Master Control hub setup, there are still engineers on either end to fix things.   It's been the "new normal" for abo

omg.. its fine. nobody watches this CBSN stuff anyway. 

CBSN Philly is now live - https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

WFOR is saying the 'studio is offline' today and tonight...so there are no local newscasts this evening (they aired a repeat of the CBS Weekend News at 11). Perhaps because of their small studio, launching CBSN Miami literally requires a shutdown to get it ready?

Did they even say they were going to launch CBSN Miami? I see them promoting a new app. But not CBSN Miami.

It's a hell of a day they chose for a "major maintenance project," because Miami weather was hellacious on Saturday.

As for if CBSN Miami had anything to do with this, I'm thinking barely maybe. I have little faith in CBS getting their act together, so if we entertained the thought of them really needing to go down just to set up: why would such an extreme move be necessary? I don't think any of the other stations with CBSN had to go through that. I'll stand corrected if it happens otherwise. But they also haven't changed the weather graphics yet, one of the biggest indicators of something that is imminently happening. So IMO this can't be it. As for it actually launching one day, definitely; there's a Digital Line Producer out there I stumbled upon on Twitter, and the new GM was announced with a statement that included "CBSN Miami" as one of the station's future properties. (Also, for the Miami folks, something that I think no one has brought up yet is NBC 6's Keith Jones has moved to CBS 4. Recent new hires like Keith & Bobeth makes sense after numerous departures, including most recently Ty Russell.)

As for progress on CBSN overall: ViacomCBS has been posting numerous job listings in recent weeks for producers in the Bay Area, Philly, Minneapolis, and Sacramento, to name a few. They're definitely looking to resume operations now that 2021 seems to be boding well for the economy. And lastly, not saying that the stock market is directly correlated to success, but ViacomCBS' stock has really been doing gangbusters, so they really have little excuse to be slacking or cutting back on their O&Os this year. 

• Like 3