CBS Television Stations launching CBSN Local streaming services modeled after CBSN

AKA

13 hours ago, AmericanErrorist said:

The LV, St. Louis, and Cleveland sites now redirect to CBSNews.com. CBSSeattle.com still exists, despite the station group only owning KSTW, a CW station.

I'm hoping someone at CBS Local was lurking here and listened to my rant. 😂 As for CBS Seattle, I do understand keeping that (internally it helps lead a few to KSTW and if KIRO ever ditches CBS they've got an address ready to go).

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Cool,  thank you for letting us know.   I will check it out tonight.

(ABC has done the same now. I noticed it this weekend, on Apple TV.   If you go on the ABC7 NY app for example,  you have the local news feed of all the ABC O&O on the same app. )  

KTVT has rolled out the new streaming brand too. Karen Borta started the 11a newscast today with something along the lines of, “Things on this broadcast may look a little different today.” (Before the CBS News Dallas/Fort Worth rollout, the 11a newscast had been using the CBSN branding and graphics instead of theCBS 11 News branding and graphics, which always seemed odd but … CBS.) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 12:46 PM, TVNewzer said:

Calling it here first: the CBS O&Os will take on this new identity as well, diminishing or dropping channel identifiers in branding. So WCBS = CBS News New York. KCBS = CBS News Los Angeles. KPIX = CBS News Bay Area

You mean like a … CBS Mandate?

image.gif.371d816388fea7e3b1d726b67f6fe9dd.gif

• 1 month later...

They were running it during the St. Patrick's Parade on WPSG this weekend as well, where it was rotating between the WPSG logo, the KYW logo, and the CBS News Philly ad with green swapped out for the red (making it almost illegible in the process)

Archived