CBS Television Stations launching CBSN Local streaming services modeled after CBSN

AKA

4 minutes ago, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Same building. It's literally right next to the news studio.

With 1060 now out of the building though, they could convert the space they vacated into studio space if they ever decide to move on from their now pushing 10 year old set.

Makes total sense.. Their 10 year old set makes WCBS and WJZ sets look bad since both of the latter had studio revamps within the last 3 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/11/2020 at 2:46 PM, WCAUTVNBC10 said:

Same building. It's literally right next to the news studio.

With 1060 now out of the building though, they could convert the space they vacated into studio space if they ever decide to move on from their now pushing 10 year old set.

No way there set 10 it got revamped in 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning today, KCNC now halts CBSN Denver on Saturday at 11:30AM and now resumes it at 4:30AM on Monday morning, Saturday afternoon & all day Sunday it is the CBSN National feed.  

In addition beginning today the CBSN Denver feed is no longer supported on Firefox & Chrome (SSL & Active X Security issue), you have to have Microsoft Edge or the Apple browser to view the feed.  

On 4/29/2020 at 10:34 PM, east-tx-tv said:

IMO, the DFW CBSN should have been set up before now.

Dallas/Fort Worth absolutely. Like New York and Los Angeles they have a doupoly they should've been had it one of the first ones to have it.

14 hours ago, Weeters said:

CBSN Sacramento will happen, eventually. They've apparently been "close" to launch since February. I'm sure we all can figure out what might be holding them up.

I wonder how their setup will be since they have a very small studio connected to the newsroom. If you compare them with WFOR, they would be on top of the list. 

I wonder if they will use part of KMAX’s studio since it’s a bigger functioning studio or condense the newsroom to build a setup.

10 hours ago, SFTV said:

I wonder how their setup will be since they have a very small studio connected to the newsroom. If you compare them with WFOR, they would be on top of the list. 

I wonder if they will use part of KMAX’s studio since it’s a bigger functioning studio or condense the newsroom to build a setup.

I know another station (I think maybe WBZ?) was going to use the old Master Control room to build out their CBSN studio. I hear KOVR has a pretty large Master Control Room.

What would be nice is a new KMAX set that could be used for both... The current Park Place set doesn't make use of the space very well.

5 minutes ago, Weeters said:

I know another station (I think maybe WBZ?) was going to use the old Master Control room to build out their CBSN studio. I hear KOVR has a pretty large Master Control Room.

What would be nice is a new KMAX set that could be used for both... The current Park Place set doesn't make use of the space very well.

I agree, that set is very dated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 2:11 AM, SFTV said:

I agree, that set is very dated. 

Yeah but U think they focus more on CBS. Because sister KCBS-KCAL, and WCBS-WLNY and KTVT-KTXA all the sister duopoly station either don't have sets or have outdated sets or there sharing a set with there sister-in-law CBS counterpart. But the KMAX set needs to be renovated it would be good for them to share the set with them KMAX for CBSN Sacramento. Cause KOVR set is small connected to a newsroom behind the monitor, furthermore the old KOVR you wouldn't see the skyline in the background but another angle with the rotating desk had the newsroom.

Archived