CBS Television Stations launching CBSN Local streaming services modeled after CBSN

AKA

6 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

So which station is which? I know both WJZ and WBAL are there but I'm just curious to know which station is which?

Sorry, WJZ is on the left side and WBAL is on the top right parcel of land where it looks like the property boundaries cut through a parking lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, C Block said:

Promo for CBSN Denver with a launch soon. Looks like they modified the secondary set in Studio B, which dates back to ~2004. 

I say Denver & Philadelphia- Beginning to Mid January since their studios are pretty up to date to start.

Sacramento & Pittsburgh- Beginning to mid February.

All other markets: Within 2nd Quarter, with Baltimore being last.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 12:02 PM, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

I saw it. It was pretty generic. Just a “coming soon.” Didn’t mention any date or show any studio.

I saw it too. KTVT needs a new main set and with CBS Tower in Dallas and CBSViacom center in Dallas and their main studios in Fort Worth it's time for a New set.

22 hours ago, CBS11 Weatherboy said:

I saw it too. KTVT needs a new main set and with CBS Tower in Dallas and CBSViacom center in Dallas and their main studios in Fort Worth it's time for a New set.

I know where the CBS Tower is, but where is the CBSViacom center?

10 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

'TVT needs an upgrade. I want to see 11  get a set like KCBS, KOVR, WBBM, & WCBS. The other CBS O&Os like KYW, KPIX, and others needs upgrade and new sets launching CBSN in their region fast.

Add WJZ-Baltimore has having a recent main studio upgrade.. However, they also need a major upgrade for CBSN Baltimore.

Since we are approaching the end of January, so far no launch date for CBSN Denver and Philadelphia since both were supposed to launch this month.

6 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

I know where the CBS Tower is, but where is the CBSViacom center?

You mean ViacomCBS Center. 

CBS Tower: 12001 N Central Expy #295 in Dallas

And KTVT/KTXA main studio: 5233 Bridge St. in Fort Worth

On 1/25/2020 at 4:20 PM, TexasTVNews said:

You mean ViacomCBS Center. 

CBS Tower: 12001 N Central Expy #295 in Dallas

And KTVT/KTXA main studio: 5233 Bridge St. in Fort Worth

Ok, but I was using Weatherboy's naming convention, as I didn't know what he meant.  I know that KTVT/KTXA's main facilities are in east Fort Worth, but I couldn't tell what he meant, if he meant some other place I wasn't familiar with, or what.  And, I didn't know there might be other special names besides CBS Tower used for their local facilities, sorry.

On 1/27/2020 at 9:56 AM, east-tx-tv said:

Ok, but I was using Weatherboy's naming convention, as I didn't know what he meant.  I know that KTVT/KTXA's main facilities are in east Fort Worth, but I couldn't tell what he meant, if he meant some other place I wasn't familiar with, or what.  And, I didn't know there might be other special names besides CBS Tower used for their local facilities, sorry.

Last week, CBS's local television stations – CBS 11 and TXA 21 – announced they were moving their Dallas newsrooms and offices to the Coit Tower at 12001 North Central, north of Forest Lane.

That high-rise will be renamed the CBS Tower. The studios and offices were previously located in a company-owned property at 10111 North Central.

image.png.8b7c56c128b36609cae2781178b4147c.png

1 hour ago, CBS11 Weatherboy said:

Last week, CBS's local television stations – CBS 11 and TXA 21 – announced they were moving their Dallas newsrooms and offices to the Coit Tower at 12001 North Central, north of Forest Lane.

That high-rise will be renamed the CBS Tower. The studios and offices were previously located in a company-owned property at 10111 North Central.

image.png.8b7c56c128b36609cae2781178b4147c.png

Didn't this happen forever ago? I swear I drove by that building when I was in Dallas last March.

KTVT left the building at 10111 North Central Expressway and relocated in 2013. In 2015, it was sold to a developer and today it is home to a SpringHill Suites hotel. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2015/11/30/old-tv-station-building-bought-for-hotel-project/

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dalsx-springhill-suites-dallas-central-expressway/

32 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

TVNewsCheck states that Pittsburgh could be next in February.

The CBS press release did say that its scheduled to debut then, and that's probably very likely because they already have the weather graphics in place. Also the Nightly Sports Call got a new set on Monday, and that show's old set will most likely turn into the CBSN Pittsburgh set, I would imagine...

From Feder, CBSN Chicago could be launching at the end of next month.

Derek Dalton, president and general manager of CBS 2, said he expects to launch CBSN Local here by the end of March. Considering that the station’s news operation is already stretched to the limit, I’d love to know how it will allocate resources for the new venture.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, tjt24 said:

It should be launching within the next week or so, I would think. 

I say Thursday launch 2/20/20 for KDKA. If not, than next week Thursday 2/26/20.

It's been a pattern of the CBS O&O's to launch CBSN on a Tuesday or Thursday. However, most of launch dates have appeared on Thursdays.  

For example.. CBSN New York launched 12/13/18, CBSNLA launched: 6/13/19, CBSN Philly launched 1/30/20. CBSN Boston launched 9/24/19 (Tues)

Archived