KMOV new graphics

Mrtraveler01

At one time, KMOV used "News 4 Never Stops Watching Out For You." Yes, they legitimately used that in a news open.

Yeah they did. I remember that. Here's the proof of that from my YouTube channel.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the graphics side, the L3’s (which are the same as KPHO/KTVK/WFTV’s) are definitely Hothaus, but I don’t think the graphics are. I’m getting the Linear Drift vibe on them, which, if they are, would be the second time Meredith has used graphics from them, the first being WNEM.

Speaking of which, I mentioned in the KCTV5 new graphics thread that I didn’t know what the most primitive-looking Meredith station is now, but after much deliberation, I’m betting on WSMV’s knockoff of the NBC O&O graphics.

Linear Drift hit the nail on the head with another unique open with rehashed lower 3rd graphics. I wonder if this will be a trend for them, using the same template for lower 3rd and other graphics but making unique opens. Clearly, this is not the same open that KTVK/KPHO have, but it's also not what WFTV has (who originally had the lower 3rd graphics).

EDIT: I meant Hothaus, not Linear Drift. But now part of me feels like Linear Drift is behind the open, if they are that's rather unique to use two designs from two competitors at once. If it's not Linear Drift and it is in fact Hothaus, that's the most Linear Drift I've ever seen a Hothaus open.

And now that I see this more in action, this "package" and the one KTVK/KPHO have is a rather hodgepodge of a package. And here I was thinking they were going to get the WGCL/KPTV package based on the vehicle wrap they just got. Smh.

Lee only fits with the O&Os because Frank Gari said so.

Wrong, it's not because Frank Gari said he was a good fit, Lee is a good fit for the O&Os because he's good at what he does.

Think about it for a minute, if Brian Lee wasn't good at announcing, do you really think he would be doing the V/O work at the O&Os, or some of the Tribune stations (including KFOR) or even the Meredith or Sinclair stations?

Wrong, it's not because Frank Gari said he was a good fit, Lee is a good fit for the O&Os because he's good at what he does.

Think about it for a minute, if Brian Lee wasn't good at announcing, do you really think he would be doing the V/O work at the O&Os, or some of the Tribune stations (including KFOR) or even the Meredith or Sinclair stations?

Well, we don't call it announcing. No one wants announcing. They want 'conversational', as a wind blows.

Good is in the eye of the beholder and also the budgeting. I know that Brian demands lower contract feels, but it represented by Atlas Talent Agency. CBS O&Os must use Atlas talent for their voice work and as creative budgets are getting tighter, Brian is preferred because he costs less. Also, it depends on what the Creative Director likes. Some prefer Steve Stone and others prefer Brian Lee, both have reputations by their representations and by the use of certain groups. Brian is popular with CBS O&Os because Peter Dunn prefers him. Steve is popular with Hearst stations because WGAL uses him.

Well, we don't call it announcing. No one wants announcing. They want 'conversational', as a wind blows.

Good is in the eye of the beholder and also the budgeting. I know that Brian demands lower contract feels, but it represented by Atlas Talent Agency. CBS O&Os must use Atlas talent for their voice work and as creative budgets are getting tighter, Brian is preferred because he costs less. Also, it depends on what the Creative Director likes. Some prefer Steve Stone and others prefer Brian Lee, both have reputations by their representations and by the use of certain groups. Brian is popular with CBS O&Os because Peter Dunn prefers him. Steve is popular with Hearst stations because WGAL uses him.

I thought Stone was popular at Hearst because of KOAT giving him a jump start into V/O work, I know it took Stone 4 years (2008-12) before his V/O work was heard at other Hearst stations and in other groups outside of Hearst

It’s a reverse WINK. They used NG 4 for bumpers and OG 2 for opens, but here it’s the complete opposite.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm also noticing that the graphics used to transition between stories are pretty similar to WINK too.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm also noticing that the graphics used to transition between stories are pretty similar to WINK too.

You would think that they would use the same version of the Enforcer use the same version of the music, but I guess it apparently does not work that way

I thought Stone was popular at Hearst because of KOAT giving him a jump start into V/O work, I know it took Stone 4 years (2008-12) before his V/O work was heard at other Hearst stations and in other groups outside of Hearst

An argument in semantics, please. Back on topic.

What? Many CBS affiliates use Enforcer.

In the past few years thanks to consolidation, stations like WKBN, WOIO, or WRGB have had to drop Enforcer for whatever news package their respective owners can get.

[quote name='Yankees4life']Nice to see Enforcer being used in a non-O&O station[/QUOTE] [quote name='Georgie56']What? Many CBS affiliates use Enforcer.[/QUOTE] [quote name='NEOMatrix']In the past few years thanks to consolidation, stations like WKBN, WOIO, or WRGB have had to drop Enforcer for whatever news package their respective owners can get.[/QUOTE] @NEOMatrix Where did you get your information from? CBS Enforcer is syndicated package, ANYONE can use it. Hell, even non-CBS stations can use it (though I don't believe any do). It's all a matter of who wants to pay to use it. The "I Love Chicago, Chicago My Home" signature is getting to be pretty dated, and the most recent updates to the package from Gari and then from Warner-Chappell leave a lot to be desired and are not as strong as earlier variations. It doesn't have the same authoritative power that it once did. The new Enforcer V.2 is almost like 615 Music's take on the Enforcer, it sounds heavily 615, and again doesn't have the same punch it used to. So if stations are dropping CBS Enforcer, it's only because there are now better options out there (SAM's CBS Local is pretty good) and CBS Enforcer is starting to show its age. Think about it, WBBM first commissioned the Gari package in 1994 as an update to the Dick Marx package from the 1970s. I think after 24 years and dozens of discs and hundreds of cuts this package has finally hit it's twilight years. CBS Enforcer is still seen as one of the most popular choices in news music and had the most stations using it at one point. Although, one could argue the Sinclair News Package from WCPM has surpassed CBS Enforcer in the number of stations using it alone now, and that's only due to the sheer size of Sinclair.

Archived